Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to convert an image to .eps

• 15-04-2008 6:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭

Hi there, i am trying to get a simple logo printed on the back of a hoody. The printer/designer wants the image files in .eps format. Using photoshop i naively worked on a .psd file and selected "save as = .eps" Naturally when i sent it to him he said that i have to convert it to .eps and not just rename it, also he mentioned saving curves or something like that? Does anyone know how to convert it and to save curves (I don't want to pay him €70 for something that i can do myself)? Any advice is appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭snellers

had a quick look around and .eps files appear to be vector based (lossless when re-sizing)
    there are convertors available ...just have a look via google although not sure if free. Whether you can do anything within photoshop sorry I do not know...hopefully someone else here might be able to offer help

best of luck

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

You can trace it in Adobe Illustrator or inkscape and save the vector result as an eps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Hooked

Most likely the guy wants a vector (basically shapes) eps of the logo, created in something like Illustrator, Freehand or Corel. If you have it in PotatoShop (which uses raster not vector) then simply resaving as an eps will not suffice.

It needs to be recreated (or redrawn) in Illustrator or similar.
    Any fonts used will have to be outlined.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 387 ✭✭dango

Thanks for your responses guys. I used Illustrator's Live trace and it did it all for me. Thanks again!

Advertisement