Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ques re: Facia on an 01 mondeo

Options
  • 15-04-2008 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Have been looking around at some zetec models and was hoping if anyone can tell me why there are different facia's on zetec mondeo's. Do they change all depending on what BHP engine is in it. IF so can anyone tell me what versions pic1 and pic2 is

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

post 04 facelift models got climate control AFAIK.

pic 1 is just manual air conditioning, pic 2 is climate control. even LX models got the 2nd type console after 04.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Cheers CM, I presume climate control is better than manual air con?.

climate control has a thermostat so the cabin is kept at a constant preset temperature.

manual air conditioning easier and quicker to use though!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

cubix wrote: »
    Cheers CM, I presume climate control is better than manual air con?.

Yes, climate control means you have more control over the temperature you want to set in the cabin. It is usually a digital setting.

All facelifted Mondeos even the basic LX got digital climate control from 2004 onwards. The facelifted model is easily to identify on the outside by the chrome grill, different style rear light cluster, bigger wing mirrors and clear side indicators. Zetecs also had an electric sunroof from 2004.

Ok, thanks for that.

• Advertisement

Lads Im looking at 01's as there in my price range. Can anyone tell me what the standard extras are on a Zetec compared to an Lx so I can compare prices.
    Also what flavours(bhp) of 1.8 petrol engines are in the Lx/Zetec and would it be on the log book . As I viewing one today and it did not seem quick off the mark for a 1.8

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Lads Im looking at 01's as there in my price range. Can anyone tell me what the standard extras are on a Zetec compared to an Lx so I can compare prices.
    Also what flavours(bhp) of 1.8 petrol engines are in the Lx/Zetec and would it be on the log book . As I viewing one today and it did not seem quick off the mark for a 1.8

Thanks

The Zetec would've come with 125 horseys, but a few will have escaped at this stage. The lx had 110 as far as i remember.

What were ya viewing? Zetec or LX?

And if you get the choice, go with the Zetec, for the few extra quid it's a much easier car to live with. Especially if it's 01 Spec. I have an 03 Zetec, the father just recently got rid of his 03 LX, and he agreed that my car "just felt nicer".even though i have an extra 25k miles on his car

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Thanks

1.8i LX = 110bhp
    1.8i Zetec = 125bhp

Zetec has the following over the LX:
    16" Alloy Wheels
    Lowered Sports Chassis (That's what it said in the brochure)
    Leather steering wheel & Gearknob
    Electric Wing Mirrors
    Can't remember if the LX has electric rear windows, but the Zetec definately does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Climate control is way easier to use - press the Auto button, and select the temperature you want, and it does the rest! Make sure the air vents are open though(well they should be open all the time anyway)If the interior keeps fogging up and/or the cabin doesn't cool down as fast as might be hoped, then the "A/C" button needs to be turned on, and if that doesn't sort out the fogging problem, the windscreen button sorts it out in a matter of seconds.

Aircon is the same as a normal heating other than the fact that you can turn on airconditioning when necessary. Miles better than no aircon though, but climate control is well worth the extra.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Be that as it may, Climate Control wasn't available in the Mondeo until 2004, the OP was saying 2001 is in his budget range...... Teasing him like that isn't nice!! :p

• Advertisement

Cheers lads for all the answers, clears up a lot of questions. So an 01 Zetec only came in 125bhp?. IT was a Zetec alright GateCrash but maybe I was driving it two easy, I did not give it alot of revs but just felt slow pulling away from lights. Are you sure Climate control was not available until 04, not even as an extra. One I looked at had worn outer edges of the front tyres but the tracking was ok so I presume drop links are due a change.

Cheers Cubix

Forgot to ask is ABS or Traction control or the likes standard on the Zetec

Climate Control was not standard on the Zetec back in 2001. It would have been standard on the Executive or limited edition Ebony models but these models are very rare in Ireland. ABS was standard on all Mondeos but traction control was an optional extra afaik.

Zetec model had 3 engine options afaik: 1.8 litre (125bhp), 2.0 litre (143bhp) petrol and 2.0 litre 115bhp TDCi diesel.

If you want a higher spec Mondeo then best thing to do is go to the UK for one. They had lots of well equipped special editions available and they are cheap as chips these days.

Thanks for that Bazz

gatecrash wrote: »
    Be that as it may, Climate Control wasn't available in the Mondeo until 2004, the OP was saying 2001 is in his budget range...... Teasing him like that isn't nice!! :p

We had a '03 Zetec 130 with climate...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

colm_mcm wrote: »
    We had a '03 Zetec 130 with climate...

That was probably the short lived Ebony special edition before the Model change. Ford seem to randomly badge their special editions - some of the Ebony's came with Zetec Badges as well as an Ebony badge. I had a confused Focus in here a couple of weeks ago. Brand new Ghia Model (Wood Trim, Ghia badges on the rear passenger 3/4 window thing) but was badged Zetec on the back.

no Ebony badge R.O.R, but I knew it was one. just a Zetec badge on it!
    Cracking car!

Did not want to start a new thread and I know some of you lads here know your mondeos. Went to look at an 01 zetec today and seemed straight enough but the drivers electric seat ajuster(up and down) is gone. You can hear the motor whirring away but nothing happens, as in the seat does not move. The fact that the motor is still kicking does it just mean something is loose or is it a new motor either way? if so any idea of cost. Rang a few ford dealers today but would not give me the info without the reg which I did not have with me:(

Thanks

Did not want to start a new thread and I know some of you lads here know your mondeos. Went to look at an 01 zetec today and seemed straight enough but the drivers electric seat ajuster(up and down) is gone. You can hear the motor whirring away but nothing happens, as in the seat does not move. The fact that the motor is still kicking does it just mean something is loose or is it a new motor either way? if so any idea of cost. Rang a few ford dealers today but would not give me the info without the reg which I did not have with me:(

Thanks

Could be a loose wireing loom or something more complex, hard to tell really without an inspection. Have a root around it and check the connections etc, its very easy for a rear passenger to kick or get their foot caught on the base of the drivers seat and possibly loosen/damage a connection or wire under the seat.

but the motor is running bazz, sounds like a mechanical problem with the mechanism?

Cheers lads, anyone have a picture or diagram of said motor/mechanism as it might give me an idea of what could be broken if the motor is not to blame

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement