Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

parking fines with a permit to park!?

Options
  • 15-04-2008 7:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

no other place to post this.

moved into my apartment few months ago. it took 2 months to get my vehicle log changed to this address.

finally arrived! so i then applied for my permit to park on the street.

before this, i got 4 parking tickets as i work night's. the nearest free parking area is about 20 mins walk from the apartment!

so i had numerous arguments with the corporation as they could have given me something to stick in my window until i got my permit....

but they didnt. so i paid my 4 fines, 2 of which went over due. total cost was 200 euro.

so i got my permit a few days later.

since then, it was all good. the other day, saturday afternoon, i arrived home from dublin,parked outside the apartment. about 7 o clock that evening i went to go to my parents.
    i had a parking ticket!
    nothing special written on it, just a circle on the offence and 40 euro beside it.
    why? i have a permit. its on my dashboard facing out!

today, i parked further down the road, as i couldnt get a spot anywhere. im still on the same road by the quay.

another ticket!
    this one says "parking permit for the quay" 40 euro.

so i went into the corporation office to get them appealed. they said no. pay the fines.

what can i do?
    i think the fella working there has a grudge against me from the last time i got the 4 fines and caused so many problems in there.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

If your permit is for the area you have parked in, and you are correctly parked, they have NO right to ticket you. Appeal it, you have the right to, sounds like the guy in the office is being a clown of the highest order. Failing that, wait for it to go to court and explain to the judge, he should leave you off.

I know how you feel BTW, got clamped twice outside my student house two years ago in the space of two weeks while I waited for my registration address to change over in my car! Ridiculous that there is no way of getting a temporary permit or an easier way to get one without changing the address of your car over. Its ridiculous in Cork with the number of student houses near me, the clampers have a field day knowing it takes a month or two to switch addresses on the reg form.

Advertisement