Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Face?

Options
  • 15-04-2008 7:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Was in the Neptune Comedy Club on Friday and the support act on was a guy called Andrew <Something> (Didn't catch his second name).

I'd never seen him before but he was very funny - considering there was a bit of a barney between the MC and some drunk heckler right before he got on. They weren't even saying anything funny or amusing - just insulting each other. The crowd was a bit tired of it and were probably a bit hostile when yer man got on stage - the missus actually turned to me and said "Poor ****er doesn't stand a chance".

Surprised me though - he handled it very well and went on to do a great set.

Anybody seen him before? Has he been around long? I didn't recognize him.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

What did he look like and what kind of stuff did he talk about? A few details would narrow it down a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭stipey

Oh yeah - sorry.

He was middling in height, shaved head (not bald) wearing a Dangermouse T-shirt.

His stuff was mostly story based - but I'm generally terrible for remembering joke. He spoke about having long eyelashes and getting penalty points for speeding. Did about 5 or 6 word play 1 liners in the middle of his set - ideas for starting his own business and a few others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Yeah, I know who it is. I guessed who from your first post but just wanted to make sure since I wasn't at the gig.

His name is Andy Mc Dermot. He has been at it about two or three years as far as I know.

Advertisement