Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Data junkies, get your meteor upgrade now!

• 15-04-2008 7:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭

Meteor started phase 2 of testing it's 3G network today. Basically, meteor are looking for 400 customers to avail of their upgrade (if eligible) and choose one of their 3G handsets e.g. E65, W910i etc. Nothing greatly exciting there i hear you think. . . so here's the good bit, this should interest data users. . . for your trouble, meteor will add the unlimited data add on to your account for FREE until August 31st. They're also planning to credit your first and last bill of the trial period by €50 (isn't that nice). All you have to do is answer 4 calls from some market research type company during the trial period. This is only available in 6 Dublin stores, i'll let you do your own homework to find out which ones. . .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,948 ✭✭✭long_b

Intriguing ... Is this only open to existing bill pay customers ? I'd love to try it but am payg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

you have to buy the phone from them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

This sounds pretty good! Give us the stores ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

it's a bill pay upgrade trial, so you have to be on the network a year already.

yup, you have to buy the phone but i dont think €29 euro will but people on the breadline.

i'm not sure of all the stores but i do know it's in the big city center stores and Dun Laoghaire (for some strange reason???)

Ah poo. Thanks for the info anyways. Hopefully any lucky boards people will post about the trial coverage.

• Advertisement

Henry St. yes, Talbot St. hadn't heard of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

Does this mean the w910i been released on meteor?

kellsred wrote: »
    Does this mean the w910i been released on meteor?

yup, the trial shops should have gotten it in today

theteal wrote: »
    yup, the trial shops should have gotten it in today
    Thanks a million, got it yesterday and signed up for the trial. Data add-on should be active tomorrow, what a great deal!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭kelzer

Is this phone up on meteor.ie yet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

What if you aren't due an upgrade but have bought an unbranded smartphone in the mean time yourself?? Any chance I could get in on the deal???

Fair play to the OP for posting its things like this make this forum so worth while!! ;)

kelzer wrote: »
    Is this phone up on meteor.ie yet?

No, I just went into the shop on Grafton St. and asked if they had the w910i, she told me they just got it in this morning (wednesday), didn't even have a demo model out.
    I got it there and then, been waiting ages for it to come out, only cost me 29 euro to upgrade on talk 300.

ollyk1 wrote: »
    What if you aren't due an upgrade but have bought an unbranded smartphone in the mean time yourself?? Any chance I could get in on the deal???

Mate in the same boat as you just called into the same store and was told offer only valid with an upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Silver-Tiger

I upgraded to n95 last night
    and signed on with the offer

Dundrum Town Centre FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭,8,1

How extensive is Meteor's 3G network?

majority of dublin is covered at the moment, cork is due to roll next month i think and then next up is the principality of dundalk. . . ????

Has anyone got any comments on the coverage / speeds then ?

Does anyone know if it's going to support HSDPA ?

Will all of the Meteor network be udated ? What I mean is, if you can currently get a Meteor GPRS signal, does that mean you will automatically get a 3G signal ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Is Galway in the test area?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

long_b wrote: »
    Has anyone got any comments on the coverage / speeds then ?

Does anyone know if it's going to support HSDPA ?

Will all of the Meteor network be udated ? What I mean is, if you can currently get a Meteor GPRS signal, does that mean you will automatically get a 3G signal ?

no i don't think so. vodafone has had 3g for years and there are still large parts of the country where you can't get a 3g signal

Anyone got anything to relate on this ?

• Advertisement

theteal wrote: »
    majority of dublin is covered at the moment, cork is due to roll next month i think and then next up is the principality of dundalk. . . ????

lads this vaguely specified region and timeline is pretty much what the coverage area will be for the next few months. 3g will only ever be made available in high population areas. . .i.e. what vodafones coverage is limited to

Advertisement