Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding cake recipe

• 15-04-2008 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30

Hi just wondering, if anyone has a nice recipe for a Wedding cake, I was also wondering does anyone know if it would be easier to ice a square or circular wedding cake?? And one more quick question, how far in advance could you make the cake

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

http://www.deliaonline.com/cookery-school/scaling-up-cake-recipes,1002,AR.html

You can/should make the cake at least two months ahead of time, and you can put the marzipan on as soon as the cake is cold, but wrap in heaps of greaseproof paper, and then put inside a plastic bag to ensure the marzipan doesnt dry out.

Icing should be done the week before the wedding.

- I made my first wedding cake last week, using this recipe, with my granny - the queen of wedding cakes. these are all her suggestions. by her hand, it seems to have worked for every wedding (christmas and birthday) we've ever had in our family :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Sandramac

I think round cake are easier,i bought cake decoration pieces on a web site called Almond Art,its based in England but a great selection of tools.Put a few drop of brandy over cake regularly over a few days before putting on any marizpan.

Advertisement