Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pixmania .. 1 TB USB 2.0 3.5" external hard drive

• 15-04-2008 8:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭

Saw this in the pixmania email ...

http://www.pixmania.com/ie/uk/894840/art/trekstor/datastation-duo-1-tb-usb.html#tech-specs

Capacity1 TBInterfaceUSB 2.0Performances7200 rpmTransfer Rate24.5 MB/s
    16.0 MB/s
    Buffer Memory16 MBRequired ConfigurationMicrosoft Windows 98(SE) / ME / 2000 / XP / Vista
    Mac OS X from 10.3.x
    Linux Kernel 2.6.x
    ContentMains adapter, USB cable, CD

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 465 ✭✭snellers

seems cheap enough to warrant a look but i don;t like the 'customer review' attached to it....clearly been created by someone affiliated to the shop and not like it;s from someone using the product (it's just the standard product info)

think I will wait until i check out some other reviews but thanks for the heads up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Yeah ... im in the market for an external drive. Will wait for further feedback on this. But good price though, even with the delivery charge its reasonable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 482 ✭✭Sharp

I Purchased one of these drives. The drive is supposed to be a 1TB drive but only shows 465 gb, I have tried it on both a Vista and XP installed machines to no avail, deleted partitions ,tried numerous partition programs including partition magic.

Could they have shipped me a 500gb drive by mistake.

I have contacted them with numerous emails, the only reply was an automated mail stating they would get back to me in 24hrs, still no reply that was Mon.

Anyone have any ideas/solutions.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

looks awful big in the picture, as if its 2*500gb harddrives and not 1*1tb (it's cheaper for them to have 2 500gb harddrives). So one of the 500gb harddrives inside could be faulty/dead.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,676 ✭✭✭jayteecork

/starts another rant at pixmania.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Sharp wrote: »
    I Purchased one of these drives. The drive is supposed to be a 1TB drive but only shows 465 gb, I have tried it on both a Vista and XP installed machines to no avail, deleted partitions ,tried numerous partition programs including partition magic.

Could they have shipped me a 500gb drive by mistake.

I have contacted them with numerous emails, the only reply was an automated mail stating they would get back to me in 24hrs, still no reply that was Mon.

Anyone have any ideas/solutions.

Thanks.

FWIW my 500GB drive shows 465 when freshly formatted.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭confuzed

I just ordered WD500G yesterday from Komplett. I dont believe in pixmania (please don't feel offended just a matter of choice)

Advertisement