Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Java Grinds

Options
  • 15-04-2008 8:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

Just reading another thread on here, someone looking for jsp tuition, and was thinking is there demand for java grinds?

I'm saving for a house at the min and the idea of giving a few hours of Java grinds is quite tempting. Has anyone here done this before, is there much demand out there?

Cheers

B2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

Adverts.ie has a Services Offered section, you could try there. Don't try here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Beta2

I'm not looking here or offering a service, Just wanted to see was anyone else out there doing it, and what has there experience been

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Done it about six times. Although not in over a year. Out of the six, 1 had absolutly no knowledge (had to go completly to basics), 2 offered me money to just do their final year project (Which I do not do). The rest were fine, had a reasonable grasp of the language and just going over coding convention and why you should code one way over another. More panic then anything else.

You wouldn't get rich on it tbh. I have much better ways to make money for less time.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

I'd say you'd make alot more cash giving grinds in LC Maths, Applied Maths, Physics or Chemistry which I'm guessing you have if you're a programmer

• Registered Users Posts: 7,680 ✭✭✭Trampas

I'd say you'd make alot more cash giving grinds in LC Maths, Applied Maths, Physics or Chemistry which I'm guessing you have if you're a programmer

and why do you need all off the above to be a programmer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

He's not saying you'd need them but they would be a common choice of subjects for students with a leaning towards programming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭Beta2

Thanks for the input guys!

Its been a while since I've looked at the LC maths stuff, TBH I wouldn't feel confident enough to give LC grinds on maths, its just been too long.

I'm sure there are better ways to make money, I was just thinking it would be handy as I work in the city centre and could meet students in their college.

Food for thought anyhow!

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Hobbes wrote: »
    You wouldn't get rich on it tbh.

Clearly the going rate for a final year project must fairly low these days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Clearly the going rate for a final year project must fairly low these days :D

Oh final year project rates you can make money on, but there is a whole thing called ethics and the potencial to give someone a qualification they never deserved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Hobbes wrote: »
    Oh final year project rates you can make money on, but there is a whole thing called ethics and the potencial to give someone a qualification they never deserved.

I know, i agree, was just kidding....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

Trampas wrote: »
    and why do you need all off the above to be a programmer?
    :rolleyes:

Advertisement