Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do I take to uni?

Options
  • 15-04-2008 9:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Heeey,

Hopefully going to UL if I get the grades but I was wondering what I need to take to uni? I'm gonna be in Thomond Village.
    Many Thanks xx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

What do you mean take to University....as in physical items?

Clothes, sheets, towels, toothbrush, tooth paste and anything else you consider necessary. Other than that books, laptop/pc and other miscellaneous stuff you think you'll want/need.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Ull have to be slightly more specific im afraid!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 iownthepandas

Not really sure on how to be more sepcific but whats included?

Sorry, i'm a thickie :pxx

AFAIK you get the apartment, a bed, a kitchen + some appliances. You'll need to bring towels, bed clothes, shower gel, shampoo and what ever else you want/need as I mentioned above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 iownthepandas

Cheers :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

dont forget noraml things like food and booze to

Nutty wrote: »
    dont forget noraml things like food and booze to

Food and booze are highly important too.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Don't bother bringing your dignity, you'll more than likely lose it along the way somewhere. Other than that, bring belts. You can never have too many belts.

cson wrote: »
    Don't bother bringing your dignity, you'll more than likely lose it along the way somewhere. Other than that, bring belts. You can never have too many belts.

You didn't happen to lose yours at the Clubs & Socs Ball by any chance?

Nope, t'was abandoned at the first year ball, somewhere in the function room of the South Court Hotel. Having collected it on Sunday I then conspired to lose it yet again at the General Practitioners Of Timber Cutting gig in the Stables.

As a result, cson is off drink and women for an indefinite period. Possibly til September.

• Advertisement

Nope, t'was abandoned at the first year ball, somewhere in the function room of the South Court Hotel. Having collected it on Sunday I then conspired to lose it yet again at the General Practitioners Of Timber Cutting gig in the Stables.

As a result, cson is off drink and women for an indefinite period. Possibly til September.

Oh dear it sounds like one of my trademark nights out. Oh well get used to it things can only get worse from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

You will also (hopefully) need condoms :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

I think most things have been mentioned already....toiletries, food, bed clothes, alcohol, condoms....

The best advice is leave your sanity at home, and just come and enjoy UL.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Also, raid the presses any weekend you are home for food and such. Save money for beer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

You'll also need teabags.

What? It's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

stayed in Thomond once upon a time and aside from all the aforementioned items you'll need one heck of a sense of humour for the secuity guys there :eek: and pj's you won't mind your apartment block seeing ;) as when i was there we ended up out the front almost every other week as some-one set off the fire alarms and the block was evacuated

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Especially ones with big metal yokes engraved with scantily clad women in provocative positions...Isn't that right, Cson? :p

You took your belt off in the function room? I take my eye off you for one minute... :rolleyes:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha :D

dont forget hangover food too...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

A sense of initiative would help too :pac:

It had to be said, really

Indeed hangover mitigation stuff is highly important....the facility to cook a fry, water, plenty of coffee and whatever medication you use may I reccomend Paracetemol of the 1000mg variety or perhaps something containing coedine.

• Advertisement

oh! don't forget a microwave ... they didn't have them in Thomond when i was there and we went off to buy one ... you'll defo get value out of it :cool:

Another thing; Don't score anyone in your course cos according to cson's law at your next tutorial, only you and her will be there. Its just how it works out. :pac:

Another thing; Don't score anyone in your course cos according to cson's law at your next tutorial, only you and her will be there. Its just how it works out. :pac:

+1 ... bit like Murphys Law at work :p

good man cson..
    another one to remember is no to score anyone who lives in your house or even neighbouring house early in the year anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Buy a few shares in LifeLine and take your dividend in produce!!

ninty9er wrote: »
    Buy a few shares in LifeLine and take your dividend in produce!!

What the?! :eek:

Lifelines are cheating :mad:

As Nutty said, scoring of housemates or residents of nearby houses is not the smartest idea unless you're a huge fan of awkwardness.

Which is a shite rule if one of your housemates turns out to be a stunner...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

What the?! :eek:

Lifelines are cheating :mad:

As Nutty said, scoring of housemates or residents of nearby houses is not the smartest idea unless you're a huge fan of awkwardness.

It's only awkward if she makes it awkward....I refuse to feel awkward around girls that have made a fool of me.... but then I'm pure stubborn!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Someone will call me out on this if I dont reply to this, so here is my reply.

Peteee wrote: »

I was thinking about saying something but meh it just doesn't have the same entertainment value it once had. Other peoples more recent indiscretions have been a bit more entertaining.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Peteee wrote: »

Why did you bring it up Peteee!? It was one night, we couldn't kno... Oh you mean J. Never mind!

Advertisement