Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Cert Spanish Books

Options
  • 15-04-2008 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Hey, I'm teaching Spanish and we're currently using Caminos, a book I feel is pretty crap so I want to get a better one for my students - any comments - what are people studying from/teaching from - anything particularly good or not?
    thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 RSHC

I found "el espnaol bien hablando" pretty good for the spanish orals......other than that don't have any suggestions!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭crazygirl101

we didn't get this book because it only came out this year but ''La Pluma'' is an excellent choice in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

I've never found a language textbook that I've really liked, throughout school and college. "A Simple Spanish Grammar" is decent for the grammar side of things and you could always print out interesting/topical articles for students and add your own questions. Just my 2 cents!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭Fuascailt

We got La Pluma this year, its new. Pretty useful, its got great stuff fo the opinions, and does the letters as well if you do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

We used the School Spanish Course . Sure, it's a bit dated (I think it was originally compiled a few decades ago) and it's hard to find a particular grammar topic because of the layout, but it is thorough...

A friend of mine used La Pluma this year, she seemed to think it was good, although that maybe the standard was over and above that needed for the LC.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 susana

kaki wrote: »
    We used the School Spanish Course . Sure, it's a bit dated (I think it was originally compiled a few decades ago) and it's hard to find a particular grammar topic because of the layout, but it is thorough...

A friend of mine used La Pluma this year, she seemed to think it was good, although that maybe the standard was over and above that needed for the LC.

Yes, I learned Spanish from School Spanish Course too but it is a bit dated and would be quite hard to find a class set... I do like La Pluma but the comprehensions don't (IMO) reflect LC style questions. Picky picky I know.:(

Anyone used Ponte al Dia?

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭#Daniel

School Spanish Course is rubbish in my opinion, theres no teaching in it at all its just exercises exercises exercises. La Pluma is extremely good I find, lots in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 susana

#Daniel wrote: »
    School Spanish Course is rubbish in my opinion, theres no teaching in it at all its just exercises exercises exercises. La Pluma is extremely good I find, lots in it.

True, but it is a very structured way into the language grammatically - building blocks all the way. I haven 't used it in the classroom but I do like it as a reference and I thought it was good when I learned Spanish.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

was told from people i know doing spanish in university that the best notes were the ones the teachers made themselves. apparentlya good few dont even use the books.

Advertisement