Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Metro speed issues (Tallaght)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭trant

Also, I have restarted all my client equipment and checked that I am within my download limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

Have you tried contacting support?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

He did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭bottletops

I have the same issue in Carlow. They rang me last week offering 6Mb for an extra €5 per month but my speed seems to have dropped to 1Mb :eek: since they called.

I sent an e-mail to support last night, no reply as yet.

Since the 10mB upgrade I think my speeds have decreased if anything.. I checked this morning at about 7am, and speed test returned a result of 3.5mB, still way short of the 10mB I should be getting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Am having the same issues. Haven't had time to call support, but the last time I did, they seemed to think it was signal related and sent out an engineer. It started off just being upload speed whacked (10% of what it should be), but then download speed started to be affected as well.

Signal levels were fine, although the 2 friendly polish (i think) engineers did tweak it by 2dB, but their work sheet has a power level which was way out (wheter a mistake or a way to offload the support case to the engineers, I don't know).

I haven't had time to investigate/email speed reports (which seems bizarre that Digiweb couldn't tell what speed rates were, or would rely on a single machine hosted in Hosting 365 to tell). I haven't noticed it being as bad of late, but definitely was down in the sub 100Kbps upload (for a 1Mb upload service) and down to 40-50% of download speed .. a good few times in the last 2 weeks.

I'm on Tallaght too, and don't know whether to be relieved that it's not just me (or my signal/power levels.. the Digiweb Support-reported, or actual ones), or whether I should be concerned that the problems haven't been sorted out in 2+ weeks. This just started happening me after the speed upgrade everyone except me gets!

cgarvey,

I initially decided to hold off on the old package, but the temptation of 10mB broadband got to me. I regret changing now.

Still no word back from Support. Will ring them when I get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

How are your speeds now?

After numerous exchanges with support they seem to think everything is fine (running pings with 0% loss to my router overnight is a measure of success in Digiweb's eyes!).

I'm still experiencing packet loss up to 10% (mostly on second hop), and upload speed 10% of what it should be.

Are the rest of you Tallaght customers back on track now?

Advertisement