Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

planing on geting a wii

Options
  • 15-04-2008 9:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 38

Ok im planing on getting the girlfriend a wii for her birthday but i will need it moded

What is the best thing to do buy second hand as id be voiding the warranty
    or buy it new that way if i was to do my self and mess up i could bring it back
    or should i get someone that has done it before to do it for me

How much do people charge to mod the wii and do i have to supply the chip or do they supply them

is there any chips i can just plug in or do they all have to be soldered

Anything else i need to no before i buy anything for it let me no thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

I'm gonna send mine to these guys, they seem pretty good, they will supply what u want also if necessary, price includes return shipping

http://www.techwizad.com/index1.html

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭thewing

I have a Wii you might be interested in OP, PM me...

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

thewing wrote: »
    I have a Wii you might be interested in OP, PM me...
    :mad:Tut tut:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

He didnt actually do anything wrong. He hasnt listed it for sale here, he doesnt specifically say its modified.

I modded my first wii yesterday, Old style mobo with wii key, worked first time so was happy with that.

• Moderators Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

He didnt actually do anything wrong. He hasnt listed it for sale here, he doesnt specifically say its modified.

I modded my first wii yesterday, Old style mobo with wii key, worked first time so was happy with that.
    I was reading between the lines.

The OP is looking for a wii to get modded, never metions it has to be an old style wii or anything to specify what wii.
    Then theWing comes it with a wii that the OP might be interested in. Sounds like a chipped wii to me.

Edit: Congrats on the Modded wii witnessmenow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Noob question here.
    Picked up a Wii last week and loving it.

What advantages does modding a console give? I've never modded a single console

• Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

There is absolutely none bar a big naughty reason that i cant get into here!

Edit: well actually thats a small bit of a lie. there is gamecube homebrew you can run on it, such as a dvd player

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Thanks, did a few google searches and I wouldn't bother tbh, not while it's under warranty.
    Interesting to learn all the same

Advertisement