Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi product update

Options
  • 15-04-2008 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭

Audi have a lot of additions to their model ranges coming up soon. It is of particular relevance with our new VRT laws.

Below is a summary of what we can expect over the coming few weeks and months(all of these are now on sale in their native Germany).

The A4 will shortly be available with the 2.0 TDI 170 bhp engine.

CO2 is unchanged from the 143 bhp version at 144 g/km. So 20% VRT for that then.

In Germany it's €1,800 more than the 143 version. This will be the 320d a run for it's money. In fairness the 143 is a rival for the 318d.

The Avant is on sale too, emissions are similar to the "Limousine" though the 1.8 gets into 28% rather than 24% VRT, the same band as a BMW 330i touring. It's available with the 1.8 T 160, 3.2 V6 quattro, 2.0 TDI in both 143 and 170 guises as well as a 3.0 TDI quattro.

The common rail 2.0 TDI 170 is also available in the TT. It is available with quattro 4 wheel drive only. CO2 is 139 g/km in the Coupé and 145 g/km in the rag top. Very impressive stuff considering it's got 4WD. Good to see it's not just BMW that have VRT reducing models on the way. In Germany it's €35k roughly for the Coupé. Considering that the €37.7k in Germany BMW 520d makes it over here for €46k and is in an identical VRT bracket, I would be expecting the TT 2.0 TDI quattro Coupé to come in at around €43k, which I duly note is a not inconsiderable €6k less than the 2.0 petrol costs at the moment.

Staying with the TT, the 2.0 TFSI will also be available with quattro 4 wheel drive shorty, in conjunction with the S tronic gearbox. Ironically CO2 improves compared to the front wheel drive version, but it's still in the same VRT category at 181 g/km for the Coupé and 184 g/km for the rag top. It's €2,350 dearer than the front wheel drive equivalent. Will be available in both Coupé and Roadster guises.

There will be a 1.8 TFSI 160 bhp for both Coupé and Roadster. The Coupé narrowly escapes 20% VRT. If only it polluted 3 g/km less! The roadster misses out by 6 g/km.(158 and 161 g/km respectively)

Last, but certainly not least, the soon to be launched TTS gets into 28% VRT if it has the S tronic 'box for both Coupé and Roadster. The manual is in 32%. 188 g/km and 190 g/km for Coupé and Roadster with S tronic respectively, and 191 and 194 g/km for Coupé and Roadster with the manual respectively.

Still no sign of the 4 pot diesel A5 in Germany yet though.

The A3 has a new 7 speed flappy paddle gearbox on the way. It's the one that VAG announced recently that can handle both transverse and longitudinal engine layouts and the first VAG product to benefit from it would appear to be the 1.4 TFSI A3. It is also due in the Golf soon too.

It's so good it emits less CO2 than even the super frugal BMW 116i. At 137 g/km, it's the only non diesel, non BMW premium hatchback that manages to get into 16% VRT. So you can still have a petrol(a very good one too apparently) that won't break the bank. And I thought Audi wanted us all to be driving diesels:p!

There is also the new A3 Cabriolet. More details in the first link in my sig. On sale now. There are 2 new additions though. The 1.8 and 2.0 TDI are now available with the S tronic box. In the diesel it raises VRT up to 20% from 16% VRT. In the petrol VRT remains unchanged at 28%.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65,423 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

E92 wrote: »
    The A3 has a new 7 speed flappy paddle gearbox on the way. It's the one that VAG announced recently that can handle both transverse and longitudinal engine layouts and the first VAG product to benefit from it would appear to be the 1.4 TFSI A3. It is also due in the Golf soon too.

It's so good it emits less CO2 than even the super frugal BMW 116i. At 137 g/km, it's the only non diesel, non BMW premium hatchback that manages to get into 16% VRT

Interesting stuff. Good to see that VAG is enhancing its lead with the DSG boxes, especially in the light of CO2 emissions being generally bad with the likes of traditional or tiptronic auto boxes. This can only be good for competition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

unkel wrote: »
    Interesting stuff. Good to see that VAG is enhancing its lead with the DSG boxes, especially in the light of CO2 emissions being generally bad with the likes of traditional or tiptronic auto boxes. This can only be good for competition
    They bought a design from Borg Warner and produce it under licence from them! It's not Borg Warner's fault that nobody else uses it(yet, I say yet as BMW's M DCT box is basically a DSG but it was developed by Getrag)

The point about competition is very true. Good to see others trying to match BMW with low emissions. Anything from any make that deprives the Government of VRT is a good idea:)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

They bought a design from Borg Warner and produce it under licence from them! It's not Borg Warner's fault that nobody else uses it
    Nissan GTR also has a twin clutch, which is a large part of its 0-60 in 3.3 sec. Can't find is it licensed or an inhouse, patent-free, design.

Was trying to find out the same thing JHMEG. Still none the wiser. What about the new Mitsubishi Evo X? I think the DCT box in that is an in house design.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Audi have a lot of additions to their model ranges coming up soon. It is of particular relevance with our new VRT laws.

Below is a summary of what we can expect over the coming few weeks and months(all of these are now on sale in their native Germany).

The A4 will shortly be available with the 2.0 TDI 170 bhp engine.

CO2 is unchanged from the 143 bhp version at 144 g/km. So 20% VRT for that then.

In Germany it's €1,800 more than the 143 version. This will be the 320d a run for it's money. In fairness the 143 is a rival for the 318d.

The Avant is on sale too, emissions are similar to the "Limousine" though the 1.8 gets into 28% rather than 24% VRT, the same band as a BMW 330i touring. It's available with the 1.8 T 160, 3.2 V6 quattro, 2.0 TDI in both 143 and 170 guises as well as a 3.0 TDI quattro.

The common rail 2.0 TDI 170 is also available in the TT. It is available with quattro 4 wheel drive only. CO2 is 139 g/km in the Coupé and 145 g/km in the rag top. Very impressive stuff considering it's got 4WD. Good to see it's not just BMW that have VRT reducing models on the way. In Germany it's €35k roughly for the Coupé. Considering that the €37.7k in Germany BMW 520d makes it over here for €46k and is in an identical VRT bracket, I would be expecting the TT 2.0 TDI quattro Coupé to come in at around €43k, which I duly note is a not inconsiderable €6k less than the 2.0 petrol costs at the moment.

Staying with the TT, the 2.0 TFSI will also be available with quattro 4 wheel drive shorty, in conjunction with the S tronic gearbox. Ironically CO2 improves compared to the front wheel drive version, but it's still in the same VRT category at 181 g/km for the Coupé and 184 g/km for the rag top. It's €2,350 dearer than the front wheel drive equivalent. Will be available in both Coupé and Roadster guises.

There will be a 1.8 TFSI 160 bhp for both Coupé and Roadster. The Coupé narrowly escapes 20% VRT. If only it polluted 3 g/km less! The roadster misses out by 6 g/km.(158 and 161 g/km respectively)

Last, but certainly not least, the soon to be launched TTS gets into 28% VRT if it has the S tronic 'box for both Coupé and Roadster. The manual is in 32%. 188 g/km and 190 g/km for Coupé and Roadster with S tronic respectively, and 191 and 194 g/km for Coupé and Roadster with the manual respectively.

Still no sign of the 4 pot diesel A5 in Germany yet though.

It's so good it emits less CO2 than even the super frugal BMW 116i. At 137 g/km, it's the only non diesel, non BMW premium hatchback that manages to get into 16% VRT. So you can still have a petrol(a very good one too apparently) that won't break the bank. And I thought Audi wanted us all to be driving diesels:p!

There is also the new A3 Cabriolet. More details in the first link in my sig. On sale now. There are 2 new additions though. The 1.8 and 2.0 TDI are now available with the S tronic box. In the diesel it raises VRT up to 20% from 16% VRT. In the petrol VRT remains unchanged at 28%.

You missed a few bits and bobs E92. Im lazy so im only going to list them in point format.

- S3 Sportback 2.0TFSI 265BHP
    - New lower emission A3 engines due to F/L
    - 3.0TDI quattro tiptronic in A4 and A5
    - 2.0TFSI 180/211 BHP in A4 and A5. The emissions for these are lower than the existing 1.8's!
    - A4 2.0TDI 120 engine with low emissions which puts in band B - 16% tax
    - The 2.0TDI 170 engine comes in week 34 for both A4 and A5 and in week 24 for A3 and TT

Probably a few more bits and pieces im missing out on. Ill admit BMW are clear leaders in the co2 race but Audi aint too far behind.

BTW the Q5 has been leaked out half an hour before its official launch time.

See link

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080419.003/audi-q5-official-details-revealed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

RedorDead wrote: »
    - 2.0TFSI 180/211 BHP in A4 and A5. The emissions for these are lower than

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080419.003/audi-q5-official-details-revealed

Dont mean to change the subject but the MK6 Golf GTI will get the 211bhp version of the 2.0tfsi....Looking forward to it already.....

Didn't know about an S3 Sportback coming(or the 2.0, well I knew it was coming but didn't realise that there would be 2 states of tune for it), but the rest aren't yet for sale in Germany! I adressed the A4/A5 TDI 170 in my OP! I see that the 211 bhp engine will have 258 lb ft of torque, a big jump on the 207 lb ft in the current 2.0TFSI.

When is the facelifted A3 arriving? And the refreshed A6?

Presumably both will have the common rail 2.0 diesel instead of the PD engine?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

While on the Audi topic.
    Sorry for jumping in but a buddy of mine is trading his 07 Q7 for a new one which he hopes to pick up this week
    Dealer tells him he will be on and stay on the old road tax system.
    Are they right?
    How much will he pay this year against after July ?
    It is the 3 liter Tdi

3.0 TDI V6 233bhp TIP Quattro DPF Sport ~ CO2 g/km 260

If they are right,
    Then how come i will be on the new system after july with my 08 Cordoba 1.4 tdi. :confused:

I would have thought he will be paying €2k next year?
    He said if the dealer lied to him they can stuff it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Didn't know about an S3 Sportback coming(or the 2.0, well I knew it was coming but didn't realise that there would be 2 states of tune for it), but the rest aren't yet for sale in Germany! I adressed the A4/A5 TDI 170 in my OP! I see that the 211 bhp engine will have 258 lb ft of torque, a big jump on the 207 lb ft in the current 2.0TFSI.

When is the facelifted A3 arriving? And the refreshed A6?

Presumably both will have the common rail 2.0 diesel instead of the PD engine?

You were saying you didnt know when it was out though? Will be here in Autumn.

F/L A3 arrives in July/Aug, F/L A6 probably in Oct.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

vectra wrote: »
    While on the Audi topic.
    Sorry for jumping in but a buddy of mine is trading his 07 Q7 for a new one which he hopes to pick up this week
    Dealer tells him he will be on and stay on the old road tax system.
    Are they right?
    How much will he pay this year against after July ?
    It is the 3 liter Tdi

3.0 TDI V6 233bhp TIP Quattro DPF Sport ~ CO2 g/km 260

If they are right,
    Then how come i will be on the new system after july with my 08 Cordoba 1.4 tdi. :confused:

I would have thought he will be paying €2k next year?
    He said if the dealer lied to him they can stuff it :pac:
    Anyone who buys an 08 car before july can opt to be taxed on the emissions based system after July if they wish.

This has been covered here over and over. there is a sticky about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Anyone who buys an 08 car before july can opt to be taxed on the emissions based system after July if they wish.

This has been covered here over and over. there is a sticky about it.

Cheers
    and sorry for annoying you :o

That's a gas guzzler and will incur €2,000 motortax a year on the new system. Despite being a diesel he's better off on the old system.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

JHMEG wrote: »
    That's a gas guzzler and will incur €2,000 motortax a year on the new system. Despite being a diesel he's better off on the old system.

only if tghe owner chooses. It's being registered before July.

ninty9er wrote: »
    only if tghe owner chooses. It's being registered before July.
    Ya, that's what I said/meant.

Tho it's the last "cheap" Q7 he'll get.

Advertisement