Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do most men secretly want a virgin???

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭LovelyTom

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

LovelyTom wrote: »
    I don't secretly want a virgin... i openly do!

I'd much rather a girl who is waiting for something special than a girl who just wants what ever she can get.

Girls please have self respect, don't do thing's you'll regret later... people will always judge you... don't give them the chance

Why the hell do you assume women who have sex don't have self respect?

And anybody who is pathetic enough to judge for something like that can just go get a life

please tell me this person is joking

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

bluewolf wrote: »

please tell me this person is joking

He is.

Either that or he is the one guy who is saving himself for his someone special.

Probability of TWO virgins meeting each other in this day and age = 0.000000001

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Bah, nobody wants virgins.

....feck.

ah ****... That post made me cringe so bad!

Please pay no attention! I was hammered!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭GirlInterrupted

Tooo Tooo late, your true colours have been revealed:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

You pack of bullys :/

If you check his other posts, its clear he has a good heart and didnt mean to offend.

Bluey put away the nashers, you've broken his skin :(

Tom, get in the car - we're off to get you a tetnus :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

I laughed when i saw that one tom , but was to plastered myself to comment .:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

haha that's a relief then

i take it all back :D

Thank you :p

I'll try to remember to hide my laptop before i go drinking to avoid anymore embarrasement :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

Slow coach wrote: »
    He is.

Either that or he is the one guy who is saving himself for his someone special.

Probability of TWO virgins meeting each other in this day and age = 0.000000001
    Hey, I lost my virginity to a virgin!
    And it's something I'm going to avoid at all costs, as far as I'm concerned, virgins = tricky territory.
    And on a side note, the virgins I've been with had infinitely less self respect than the non-virgins!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

But how does a virgin, beome de-virginised if you don't take the chance. Through rabbit vibrators now adays, even virgins are more experienced than they were say 20 years ago.

But how does a virgin, beome de-virginised if you don't take the chance. Through rabbit vibrators now adays, even virgins are more experienced than they were say 20 years ago.

thats what i was thinking... i'm still a virgin and by the sounds of it i shall remain so forever cos none of the menfolk are into that!

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

fonpokno wrote: »
    thats what i was thinking... i'm still a virgin and by the sounds of it i shall remain so forever cos none of the menfolk are into that!
    Nah, not necessarily, you have two possibilities!
    A) You could land yourself with somebody who enjoys devirgining people (I think I'd regard them as sick)
    Or
    B) You get somebody who doesn't mind/is willing to do it! (lucky)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,164 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Kazuma wrote: »
    Hey, I lost my virginity to a virgin!
    And it's something I'm going to avoid at all costs, as far as I'm concerned, virgins = tricky territory.
    And on a side note, the virgins I've been with had infinitely less self respect than the non-virgins!

Me too. But that was 1979.

Someone's past history wouldn't put me off them one way or the other. If they're right for me I'll accept whatever baggage they have. I'm sure I have more, anyway. Being a virgin is small fry.

Kazuma wrote: »
    Nah, not necessarily, you have two possibilities!
    A) You could land yourself with somebody who enjoys devirgining people (I think I'd regard them as sick)
    Or
    B) You get somebody who doesn't mind/is willing to do it! (lucky)

ha right so! knowing my luck i will most likely end up with some strange ones who enjoys the devirgining.... *shudder*

ahhh it'll be grand sure 'twill! [delusion]i'll land myself some fabulous man person and it'll all be magical and wonderful! [/delusion]

What age are you fonpokno. I am in the same boat - have never done the deed so to speak.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

We didn't do the deed until we were 24, he was the last virgin that I knew and it was very special. For me it was more important that he was a virgin, there was another guy floating around at the same time but for me it was the deal clincher. I wanted someone to be tender with me and for it to be special which it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Love it when that happens. Thank God someone quoted you. :pac:

amethyst i'm just gone 19! i'm not in any major rush or anything and tbh i'm not expecting nor hoping for like magic and epic love my first time round! when it happens it happens i figure. only one of my other friends is still a virgin but she's doin the whole no sex before marriage thing. i've had the opportunity with an ex but he was really pushy about the whole thing and i didn't like that AT ALL so i told him where to shove it! :D

god thats a lot of rambling waffle....

• Advertisement

Sherifu wrote: »
    Love it when that happens. Thank God someone quoted you. :pac:

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

to be totally honest here, i couldn't give a hoot if a girl is a virgin or not.

although that being said, it's nice to think that a virgin girl loves me enough to lose her virginity with me as i think your virginity isn't something you should lose too easily.

amethyst i'm just gone 19! i'm not in any major rush or anything and tbh i'm not expecting nor hoping for like magic and epic love my first time round! when it happens it happens i figure. only one of my other friends is still a virgin but she's doin the whole no sex before marriage thing. i've had the opportunity with an ex but he was really pushy about the whole thing and i didn't like that AT ALL so i told him where to shove it! :D

god thats a lot of rambling waffle....

I'm a wee bit older. Coming from a highly influential Catholic family (have 6 aunts who are nuns for instance), has impacted on me, and even though I do think a lot of the teahings are utter BS, is still hard to break away. However I do think if both parties have respect for each other, barriers can be overcome.

that's alot of nuns! how old are you yourself if ya don't mind me asking?

my parents are a bit odd about it tbh. they encourage us to like go on the pill or whatever as soon as any new boyfriends come into the picture but my mam's still almost disapproving of it or somethin? i've two older sisters both of whom have been in serious relationships at some point or another and my mam was still disinclined to let them stay the night at their boyfriends even after year or two. i think it's old fashioned catholic guilt still in action!

also i agree with cremo, i wouldn't be willing to just throw away my virginity but at the same time i don't really think you need to be madly in love to do it. i think as long as you care about the person that's all that matters really!

that's alot of nuns! how old are you yourself if ya don't mind me asking?

my parents are a bit odd about it tbh. they encourage us to like go on the pill or whatever as soon as any new boyfriends come into the picture but my mam's still almost disapproving of it or somethin? i've two older sisters both of whom have been in serious relationships at some point or another and my mam was still disinclined to let them stay the night at their boyfriends even after year or two. i think it's old fashioned catholic guilt still in action!

also i agree with cremo, i wouldn't be willing to just throw away my virginity but at the same time i don't really think you need to be madly in love to do it. i think as long as you care about the person that's all that matters really!

I am really old - 31 *blush*. I am kinda embarrassed that it has taken me so long, but I do think the fact that there were no guys on my ourse, and only about 10% of the College's students were male had an impact too. When I have kids am definitely sending them to a mixed school - none of this keeping girls and guys separate malarky.

Yeah, I don't think you have to be madly in love - Hollywood tries to create a dream for us gals that it is.

I am really old - 31 *blush*. I am kinda embarrassed that it has taken me so long, but I do think the fact that there were no guys on my ourse, and only about 10% of the College's students were male had an impact too. When I have kids am definitely sending them to a mixed school - none of this keeping girls and guys separate malarky.

Yeah, I don't think you have to be madly in love - Hollywood tries to create a dream for us gals that it is.

you're not old at all! don't be embarrassed at all!

yeah i think i'd send mine to a mixed school too... i've been in all girls stuff all my life - schools, choirs, everything! college was a bit of a culture shock even though half the guys in my class are gay (music course, it was bound to be like that).

i was one of those "freaks" in secondary school cos half my year spent every weekend in wesley playing beat the slapper (ugh) whereas i didn't have my first kiss til i was in 4th year! (i was 15 which is apparently old nowadays)

god i hate teenagers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

Cremo wrote: »
    although that being said, it's nice to think that a virgin girl loves me enough to lose her virginity with me as i think your virginity isn't something you should lose too easily.

All the talk of lose and lost makes me think i should be praying to St Anthony to help me find my misplaced virginity (and yes, i have tried down the back of the couch, and on top of the fridge, and even looked in that drawer-that-everything-gets-thrown-into).

'Virgin' is a label, a state of mind, whatever - but it's not something that can be 'lost'. That terminology irks me slightly as it carries implicates of the non-virgin being somehow 'less'/'bereft'/'without'.

Language matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 sheeez

im a virgin

my boyfriend & i have discussed it, he is a virgin too...

i dunoo though will it be majorly awkward?!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

sheeez wrote: »
    im a virgin

my boyfriend & i have discussed it, he is a virgin too...

i dunoo though will it be majorly awkward?!
    it may be awkward, it may not be but it shouldn't matter.

i wouldn't do it if there were any doubts even the slightest ones on either side, talk it through and you'll both know when it's right.

by the way, no one is born a master at anything, i believe no one can truely master any one thing because if they do then no one can superceed them.

god i can't even believe i'm giving advice on relationships, feels strange.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 32 sheeez

HAHA:D
    well i want to and i know he wants to..?!
    bur then theres apart of me thats holding back?!

Advertisement