Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do most men secretly want a virgin???

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

what is it that's holding you back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 sheeez

no idea..embarrasment maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Thanks for your kind words fonponko. I was 16 when I had my first kiss - during the guinea pig year of Transition year, lol. Seems like a life time ago now. Well my first kiss was more a case of him kissing me, as I turned my cheek to him, and got slobbered on over my cheek. Ah memories, lol

oh i feel ashamed...first kiss...fifth class!:p

hey mine was in a musical! i met a fella i went out with for a while from the musical too but i had to kiss the lead guy cos i was the lead girl so technically my first kiss was a stage kiss! and he was a horrible horrible person. also i have billions of kind words and am more than willing to throw them at anyone who ever needs them. :) its nice to be nice!

why you ashamed sheeez?? everyone does different things at different times, its what makes the world go around!

• Advertisement

heh ahhhh blesss:p
    i would have hated it!!
    and i really dont know i think im weird!!

you'll fit right in here so!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

fonpokno wrote: »
    i'm still a virgin and by the sounds of it i shall remain so forever cos none of the menfolk are into that!

OK, send me your contact details and we'll organise something. Sheesh, the things you have to do as a mod around here. :rolleyes: :D

you're such a sweetheart Zaph, what would i do without you??

Preferential treatment I see :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

fonpokno wrote: »
    you're such a sweetheart Zaph, what would i do without you??

Well if I'm going to be modding around here for as long as Vex sees fit I feel it's important to take my duties seriously, and I can't see any of the other mods offering their services. Poor show I say.

Preferential treatment I see :rolleyes:

One at a time ladies, form an orderly queue.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Zaph wrote: »
    One at a time ladies, form an orderly queue.
    Real smooth.

*brings the condoms* :pac:

Sherifu wrote: »
    Real smooth.

You can't rush these things. It's an important moment and needs appropriate due care and attention so that each lady feels special. If after deflowering the ladies feel adventurous enough for a spot of group sex, well I'll see what I can do to accommodate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

cuckoo wrote: »
    All the talk of lose and lost makes me think i should be praying to St Anthony to help me find my misplaced virginity (and yes, i have tried down the back of the couch, and on top of the fridge, and even looked in that drawer-that-everything-gets-thrown-into).

'Virgin' is a label, a state of mind, whatever - but it's not something that can be 'lost'. That terminology irks me slightly as it carries implicates of the non-virgin being somehow 'less'/'bereft'/'without'.

Language matters.

I agree with this completely! It's not the big deal it's made out to be, some people have had sex, some people havent, same way as some people have been to china and others havent, it;s just an experience that hasn't happened yet, and tbh it probably wont be all that and a bag of chips at first, so it's hardly a big deal! :pac:

I have heard that regardless of how old you are the first time, that it is generally awkward, sore etc, however you get better through practice - like riding a bike (sorry for the pun there)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Nah don't agree that it'll be awkward and sore, you'll probably have fun, just saying it wont be all that and a bag of chips :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

I have heard that regardless of how old you are the first time

Different for everyone tbh. But I had to have a bit of liquid courage first, not much- I expected it to hurt, because its what I was told too.

I'd imagine being nervous about it doesnt help, things might .. tighten :/

Abigayle wrote: »
    Different for everyone tbh. But I had to have a bit of liquid courage first, not much- I expected it to hurt, because its what I was told too.

I'd imagine being nervous about it doesnt help, things might .. tighten :/

Tighten, yeah I get that. Kind of like the first time of inserting a tampon - only bigger :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

cuckoo wrote: »
    All the talk of lose and lost makes me think i should be praying to St Anthony to help me find my misplaced virginity (and yes, i have tried down the back of the couch, and on top of the fridge, and even looked in that drawer-that-everything-gets-thrown-into).

'Virgin' is a label, a state of mind, whatever - but it's not something that can be 'lost'. That terminology irks me slightly as it carries implicates of the non-virgin being somehow 'less'/'bereft'/'without'.

Language matters.
    Piste wrote: »
    I agree with this completely! It's not the big deal it's made out to be, some people have had sex, some people havent, same way as some people have been to china and others havent, it;s just an experience that hasn't happened yet, and tbh it probably wont be all that and a bag of chips at first, so it's hardly a big deal! :pac:
    Yep, you don't undergo a personality change when you lose your virginity. A person is a person whether they've had sex or not. You generally can't spot those who have had sex/haven't had sex unless they advertise it. Sure, there are those who fit the virgin stereotype - still not a guarantee they're virgins though. You'd be surprised. A lot of it is, as cuckoo says, a state of mind.

As for men wanting to be with virgins - depends on the individual man. Even those who say they'd be put off by it... well what if she's your dream girl in every other sense? Would you then suddenly be put off if she's a virgin? I doubt it.

And it can still be sore after the first time if you're not relaxed/aroused/lubricated enough, so getting that first experience of penetration over with doesn't guarantee a nice smooth shag from then on. I emphasise "can be" sore. It's not sore for everyone the first time - relaxing and foreplay are key. A couple of drinks (not getting pissed) wouldn't do any harm. Also, a non virgin who goes a long time without sex (for whatever reason) might "tighten up" and her first time doing the deed after such a long while might be on a par with losing her virginity - she might also experience the same kind of nervousness.

But yeah, I remember hearing a phrase "it's the one thing you lose which you're guaranteed to never get back". What utter rot. You might be a penis virgin but you could have used a vibrator - are you really so different to someone who's been penetrated by a man vaginally?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,497 ✭✭✭✭Dragan

The whole idea of a "loss" of anything goes hand in hand with the same religious issues that placed such importance on it to begin with. The idea being that you would give yourself sexually to only one person. As per usual, as a saying, it only ever really seems to be applied to a lass, moreso than a guy anyway.

Advertisement