Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dart to Croker

Options
  • 15-04-2008 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭

Can I get the Dart from Dun Laoghaire to Croker (or where's the nearest station)????? or is there a direct bus route?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

cjmcork wrote: »
    Can I get the Dart from Dun Laoghaire to Croker (or where's the nearest station)????? or is there a direct bus route?

Connolly would be the nearest DART station...

Or drumcondra if you want an arrow station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Dart is closer than the bus
    Either go to Connolly or Clontarf Rd.

Connolly is closer but just by a few minutes walk.
    10-15 minutes walk max, probably not even that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

what's an arrow station? (ignorance, it turns out, isn't bliss after all)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Drumcondra is not a DART station. It does have an arrow service. Pearse Station to Maynooth is an Arrow service afaik, I'm happy to be corrected. :)

Think of Arrow service as a fast commuter service.

I'm in Drumcondra and never use Drumcondra Station. Probably faster walking to Croke Park from Connolly than hanging around for a commuter train to Drumcondra

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

The 123 Bus goes fairly close to it, from Walkinstown, James' Hospital, Dame Street (at Little Caesers) or O'Connell Street.

Get off at the Ballybough Rd/Clonliffe Rd stop, and your about a 5 minute walk from the Hill 16/Cusack Stand Entrances. Another 3 minutes would bring you around to the Hogan Stand side.

Go here

http://mkmap.com/dublin

and select the 123 from the Drop Down to see where to go, but it's basically a walk down Clonliffe Rd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

there are plaenty of trains go to Drumcondra, save you the hassle of awkward routes, seriously :)

a lot of direct ones too,

www.irishrail.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

micmclo wrote: »
    Think of Arrow service as a fast commuter service.

Arrow was a brand name. I don't think it's in use anymore.

Drumcondra is a Maynooth Line station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I'd say that the quickest way would be to get the dart to Connolly and walk up to it. Clontarf Road station is further away than Connolly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 wallyworld

Folks:

It's absolutely no problem to go from Dun Laoghaire to Drumcondra, which is very close to Croke Park. As one poster said, check the Irish Rail site and simply put the above two stations in to find the frequent (and very easy) routings.

From Dun Laoghaire, you simply take the Dart to Connolly. Then, in the same area of Connolly (I think both trains come in on platforms 5-8), take the Maynooth line to the first stop which is Drumcondra. My family does this ALL the time and it is no problem. Can't say for sure on w/ends, but try the Irish Rail site.

I think there is also a direct train from Drumcondra to Dun Laoghaire in the mornings on weekends (not sure about this though).

WW

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

The Maynooth line does operate at weekends, however don't be expecting a frequent service. Plan the journey properly in order to avoid an hour wait for the next train should you just miss one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

The 746 goes from Dun Laoghaire to the Airport.
    Goes straight past Croker so you could get off the bus at the Big Tree.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,412 ✭✭✭✭Victor

You could get the 46A from Dun Laoghaire to Mountjoy Square and walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭raheny red

You'd wanna be careful getting the 'Arrow' service for the time being. Drivers along that line have been causing some disruption the past couple of days now.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

raheny red wrote: »
    You'd wanna be careful getting the 'Arrow' service for the time being. Drivers along that line have been causing some disruption the past couple of days now.....

Yup. But also today there was a fault on that line and all trains out that direction were cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

raheny red wrote: »

Amazing.......

I frequent those trains every day and funnily enough today was the only day in ages I had disruption

Advertisement