Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank draft lost in post - will I get a refund after 6 months if not lodged?

Options
  • 15-04-2008 11:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭

I bought a bank draft for 3.5 K and have a photocopy and receipt.
    Its made payable to the Revenue Commissioners.

Posted it to the VRT people for the Att: of a bloke I spoke to in person in there.

Five weeks later and nada. The VRT office wont answer their phone Ive tried 15+ times.

Ive to call the back and ask if its been lodged.

What happens if its lost in the postal system, 6 months later can I get another one FOC from the bank?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

Report it lost in the branch that issued it. Fill out the form and wait for refund. Refund will happen as soon as the bak are happy that it has not been presented for payment.

You'll only be liable for the draft if it turns up and is only lodge by the people it was intended for. If this happens you must contact the relevant people and tell them you've paid twice.

Lastly, it will not take 6 months to get a refund. Should be less than 2-3 weeks. You should reg post the photocopy to them and in future reg post anything thats important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

With BOI you will have to sign an indemnity form. Then a stop will be put on the draft just like if you paid it with your own cheque. Remember a draft is a cheque drawn on the bank itself.

Advertisement