Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentist in Dundalk

Options
  • 15-04-2008 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good Dentist in Dundalk.. My previos Dentist has moved off and I am not too impressed by the new crew / Well - the surgery is a bit grotty and needs to be painted etc.. The dentist wears a shirt - his room is a bit messy... He may be an excellet Dentist but I don't have confidence because of the issues mentioned above..

Thanks..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭miceal

DK man wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good Dentist in Dundalk.. My previos Dentist has moved off and I am not too impressed by the new crew / Well - the surgery is a bit grotty and needs to be painted etc.. The dentist wears a shirt - his room is a bit messy... He may be an excellet Dentist but I don't have confidence because of the issues mentioned above..

Thanks..

My Dentist is in Bessbrook sorry

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

I go to Hollywood & Mc Gahon Dental Surgery 6 Dublin Street. They're beside Grants Newsagents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

You gotta go North... My mother had some work done that came to €330 in Crossmaglen after being told in Dundalk that it'd be around €1500. Obviously it wasnt your standard filling etc but there is a massive difference in the prices. I am friendly with 2 Dundalk dentists but i wouldn't go to them anymore tbh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 tontyooth

"The dentist wears a shirt"

why is this an issue/ affect your confidence in said dentist?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Elise Pottie in Anne street is brilliant. She's not there that long but I know a lot of people who have switched to her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

Elise Pottie in Anne street is brilliant. She's not there that long but I know a lot of people who have switched to her.

Although I went to the other dentist there, have to say I found the place to be a bit grotty and unhiegenic to say the least.

I can recommend O' Farrell & staunton in Newry though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 wiigeek

i am with Hollywood never had any probs with them

sudzs wrote: »
    Although I went to the other dentist there, have to say I found the place to be a bit grotty and unhiegenic to say the least.

I can recommend O' Farrell & staunton in Newry though!

What a load of rot! It's an old building, but the surgery is top notch and is certainly hygenic. More power to them for utilising a building that is over 130 years old and keeping business with the heart of the community. Grotty, it is not. It's a modern dental surgery and the people there are young and I felt they were excellent at their jobs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,721 ✭✭✭sudzs

What a load of rot! It's an old building, but the surgery is top notch and is certainly hygenic. More power to them for utilising a building that is over 130 years old and keeping business with the heart of the community. Grotty, it is not. It's a modern dental surgery and the people there are young and I felt they were excellent at their jobs.

When you consider that some patients may have infection or decay being hit with drills or the high power air and the resulting vapor floating through the air onto an array of uncovered drill bits and about 10 to 15 plastic cups of rinsing liquid, prefilled and on a shelf uncovered....

....you wouldn't consider that unhygenic???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Dunny

Would recomend Hollywoods but there is one down by st.vincents school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭DK man

Thanks folks.

My previous experiences of dentists is that they wore a uniform - the casual shirt suggests - well casual.

will consider goin up north - but can u claim tax back on work done up north...

thanks again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 GrewSome

To the OP, I've been going to Hollywood, Dublin St Dundalk for yrs, absolutely no probs with them. Really clean, great service etc.There is a place you don't want to go to in Dundalk. Obviously can't say who they are but if you PM me i can let you know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 GrewSome

Eh? no need to quote 'the outsider' to me renholder, d'ya think im that green? didnt want to name people thats all??? DOH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

Dr Kent in Seatown Place is very good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Renholder , I have deleted your post with reference to a dentist based in dundalk. Please dont let it happen again , I'm a very lazy moderator that doesnt like to do much work.

Thanks
    stephen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 mabet

Has anyone had a night guard fitted by dentists in Dundalk. I have been quoted 200 Euro plus but have been told from £35 sterling to £60 sterling up North. Is there a difference in them? Am I being ripped off at E200 plus.:confused: Have to make up my mind quickly. Any opinions welcome. Mabet

I got one about 5/6 years ago and it cost around IR£60 I think at the time. I went to what is now Elise Pottie's practice in Anne Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

Elaine Graham great dentist in Anne St...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Bingles

I 100% agree with you there I know I am bumping an old thread bu I was terrified of dentists and I reently just had to go no option and Elise Pottie was sugested to me by a friend and I would tell anyone to go there she is a lovely lovely lady. I found the surgery nothing more than hygenic and all the staff there fantastic. Belive me I still don't relish the thoughts of going but it has been made a whole lot easier knowing that I am going to see a very lovely lady. I will be damn sure I will be going to my 6 month apointments now.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Louth Video DVD

I would highly recommend FERGAL BEGLEY in Dundalk.

Top class service, in a Proper facility where the 2 major priorities are Hygiene and Customer Service

Gerry

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 owlite700

I used to go to hollywoods dentist .I dont any more ,way too expensive ,financial rape,go north save over 66% on dental bills.
    I recommend camlough dental practice or cloughouge dental practice ,20 mins north of dundalk,well worth it .

Advertisement