Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Betting

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭Fulton Crown

Good Thinkin Bogboy !

Snedeker is a local so a good choice

Immelman, Brian Davis (Good finish last yr) and Shaun Micheel might also be value.

Have gone for Howell in Austria - I stay away from the womens tour as too much going on under the bonnets there ....if yah get me whiff....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 johnnywishbone

too much going on under the bonnets there ....if yah get me whiff....

Love it :)

What about the US Open next week?

Love it :)

What about the US Open next week?

Majors deserve close scrutiny - so will wait until this weeks results are in - keeping an eye on Justin Rose..has some good current form.

What Woods will do is hard to predict..hardly think he will win on first one back though....

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Majors deserve close scrutiny - so will wait until this weeks results are in - keeping an eye on Justin Rose..has some good current form.
    Good current form? The fcukers missed 4 of his last 5 cuts! Just because he done well last week doesn't mean he has good current form. Delete your spurious post immediately Crown. Its stinking the place out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

Pighead wrote: »
    Good current form? The fcukers missed 4 of his last 5 cuts! Just because he done well last week doesn't mean he has good current form. Delete your spurious post immediately Crown. Its stinking the place out.

Its also at Royal Birkdale this year, the venue of his 'breakthrough' at 17 years of age, 10 years ago, when he finished secong

Has extremely good sand save, % Eagles and fairway bunker to GIR stats as well.

Playing on 'home turf' he'll be my first name down on the list along with Sergio.

• Advertisement

Bit harsh piglet - I said some current form - he strikes me as a guy who is concentrating on the majors and put four good rounds together in last tournament - so could be coming into form - a further are the good points by our rural friend in post above.

Culchie wrote: »
    Its also at Royal Birkdale this year, the venue of his 'breakthrough' at 17 years of age, 10 years ago, when he finished secong

Has extremely good sand save, % Eagles and fairway bunker to GIR stats as well.

Playing on 'home turf' he'll be my first name down on the list along with Sergio.
    Royal Birkdale? johnnywishbone asked Fulton for his thoughts on the US Open and Fulton threw out Rose as a possible contender. Justin Rose is not a contender for the US Open. Royal Birkdales a completely different kettle of fish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

a completely different kettle of fish.

I love that expression!

My money for US Open is on Adam Scott

My money for The Open is on Lee Westwood

Royal Birkdale? johnnywishbone asked Fulton for his thoughts on the US Open and Fulton threw out Rose as a possible contender. Justin Rose is not a contender for the US Open. Royal Birkdales a completely different kettle of fish.

Fairy Nuff .... thought he was on about British Open.

Great picking on the golf over the past while by the way. Great stuff altogether.

• Advertisement

Great picking on the golf over the past while by the way. Great stuff altogether.

Cheers. Not looking great this week though. Estes shot 65 today to put himself in the mix.

My early selections for the US Open:

Karlsson 66/1
    Weir 66/1
    Ames 80/1
    Donald 40/1
    Jiminez 125/1
    Garcia 25/1
    T Clark 80/1
    Woods?! 7/4

and maybe Ogilvy 33/1 & Mickelson 8/1

What does the big eared farm boy think?

My early selections for the US Open:

Karlsson 66/1
    Weir 66/1
    Ames 80/1
    Donald 40/1
    Jiminez 125/1
    Garcia 25/1
    T Clark 80/1
    Woods?! 7/4

and maybe Ogilvy 33/1 & Mickelson 8/1

What does the big eared farm boy think?

MMMM Ames seems the best of those value wise - going well this week.
    No Spaniards for me nxt week - our own Podge might be worth a tickle if he does a good final round this week.

Of this weeks selections The Sned and Immleman going well - back to the practice ground for the rest !!!

David Howell ???? Musta been on the juice .....:mad::mad:

Fulton - small eared city boy

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭rubberduckey

Anyone get involved with Hjorth at 125/1?

Cheers for that tip rubberduckey, You know I backed her each way! :pac: Hopefully she'll pay for my US Open bets and the ball will continue to roll....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Stinger-bar

Backed Soren Hanson again this weekend but he's been robbed by the tournament being reduced to 3 rounds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭63587614

Afternoon lads, well not much into Golf but I do like following the betting, so put small money on Adam Scott e/w. Should be a laugh.

Cheers for that tip rubberduckey, You know I backed her each way! Hopefully she'll pay for my US Open bets and the ball will continue to roll....

No problem Johnnywishbone, shes just gone a shot ahead early in the last round...fingers crossed!!!

I have her as the last leg in a multiple so 'sweaty time' here...

Well I have 1st and 2nd anyway in the playoff, Leonard and Allenby.

Immelmen just birdied 17, so needs to birdie 18 as well to get in the play off. I hope he throws a Culchie snap hook into water:pac:

Looking good anyway. Hoping Leonard takes it down as he is the higher odds.

Immelman has 22 feet putt on 18 tp get in play off ......miss ya bastard.

Miss ...miss.....miss ........he fecking well holed it. FFS:eek:

• Advertisement

Leonard, Allenby, Immelman after second play off hole

Justin Leonard takes it down. :D I think I'll have a beer.

While your having that beer, say a little prayer for Hjorth in the playoff please!!

While your having that beer, say a little prayer for Hjorth in the playoff please!!

Sorry, I'm in the clubhouse .... spirtual intervention tokens already used for this evening. Good Luck though.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

Also Maria Hjorth 150/1 with Totesport.

Sensational and unlucky at the same time. Hope it was each way.

And Culchie. Fair play with Leonard.

Hi All,

Not a bad weekend for me, Had each way bets on Leonard & Hjorth. US Open starts this week, still no gems of wisdom from The Culchie :D Hats off to the rubberduck for Hjorth

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭badbrian

Backing Weir at 66/1 with Laddies and Tiger is too big to miss at 7/2 with PP. The latter price suggests there must be something wrong but this is a course he really goes well on so even if he isn't 100% it is worth a saver.
    Weir's last 7 US Open starts read (2007 first) - T20; T6; T42; T4; T3; Cut; T19 so he must like US Open set-ups, and he was Tied second last time out.

I'm off on holiday so won't see this US Open which is a pity cos it's going to be a monster ....players will be brought to their knees by this course. 5 over could easily be good enough to win it.

It's going to have to be a big hitter that wins this, and it's unusual for a second tier golfer to take this major. Proven winners, with proven tough mentality, good tee to green ....as I said par every hole is more than good enough.

Tiger is back, he'll probably win, but I'm not backing him at 7/2. I enjoy Tiger wins, but he's just not backable, so you have to live with it.
    Garcia has a shout, but I think this course will crack him. He may play 70 great holes, but sooner or later, he's take a 7 or 8, and boom that will be that. (If I'm wrong, he'll win). VJ will be there or thereabouts.

Anyways, Sergio is <25/1 so I can't back him anyway.

The South Africans seem to do well in the US Open every year, so watch out for them. Els is 60/1 ffs .... now thats a price!

Pat Perez and Mickelson have the course knowledge, Perez isn't Major material and Mickelson is playing with the Tiger Show the first 2 days ....which I actually think will help Adam Scott also playing with them, Mickelson may suffer.

Here's my selections for this week.

Davis Love 111 440
    Padraig Harrington 25 Got a real chance but going to give Toms a spin at 220/1
    Geoff Ogilvy 38
    Luke Donald 40
    Adam Scott 46
    Ernie Els 60
    Tim Clark 85
    Retief Goosen 55
    Paul Casey 150
    Colin Montgomerie (not a typo;)) 370
    David Toms 220

Needless to say, wouldn't mind that grumpy Scot finally winning his major. Of all the times he ever started a major, never has he had less of a mention .... so he's picked!

I won't see it, but that's where the money has gone this week. Enjoy !

Good Thinkin Bogboy !

Snedeker is a local so a good choice

Immelman, Brian Davis (Good finish last yr) and Shaun Micheel might also be value.

Have gone for Howell in Austria - I stay away from the womens tour as too much going on under the bonnets there ....if yah get me whiff....

Just thought I'd remind you re Immellman - very close but had him each way - thoughts re Open to follow...

Thanks for the kudos on Hjorth.

Had her each way and in multiples which if she had held on, would have yielded me by far my biggest ever payout.

still great result, big profit, no complaints.

Would be very interested in hearing other boardsie's tips for this weeks tournies.

So come on, lets be 'aving ya!!!:)

• Advertisement

Thanks for Hjorth.

Had her each way and in multiples which if she had held on, would have yielded me by far my biggest ever payout.

still great result, big profit, no complaints.

So come on, lets be 'aving ya!!!:)

Double Entendre:pac:

Advertisement