Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Monread Motors

Options
  • 15-04-2008 11:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Anyone any experience of this car dealer ? Or local knowledge of their reputation ? There in Naas Co.Kildare. Might be interested in one of their motors.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I went to look at an Audi A4 in there about 3 weeks ago.
    Its not what you'd expect a dealers to look like. It basically a yard with a beat up old house in the middle, and a shed out the back where they work on the cars.
    I rang the number in the ad to get directions cause I couldn't find the place.
    The guy on the phone sounded polish and he told me that he wouldn't be there for over and hour but to go in and look at the cars and he'd be back.
    when I did find the place I drove up to a big electric gate which was opened by the car infront of me and I drove in. Had a look at the car and ask one of the guys in the garage if I could drive it, to which I got the answer "NO ENGLISH".

I wasn't impressed with the car anyway so I went to leave to discover the gate closed and not letting me out. So I'd to wait for someone to come along and let me out.

All in All.... Not impressed.

Which car are you looking at?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Hi all,
    Anyone any experience of this car dealer ? Or local knowledge of their reputation ? There in Naas Co.Kildare. Might be interested in one of their motors.

Where exactly in Naas are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

Which car are you looking at?

Carisma. It would involve travelling some distance so I might give it a miss.

Lex Luthor wrote: »
    Where exactly in Naas are they?

at the end of Monread road (the woodys end), just before the roundabout there's a lane way on the right with high walls on either side. they're down that lane. You'll see a sign for "Monread Motors" on either pillar up high, just below the cap stone.
    The signs are pretty small and a greyish colour thats similar to the colour of the wall so its easy miss. The signs look kind of like small grey license plates.

Carisma. It would involve travelling some distance so I might give it a miss.

Don't take my word for it. I've only been there once. But they're labeled as a "Dealer" but as the address will tell you, its more of a Yard. Murphy's Yard infact.
    Maybe you could give them a ring first and see whats on offer with the car? (fsh? warranty? NCT...etc, etc... )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭tinofapples

I called the mobile number listed last night. Foreign lad answered, no service history car not yet nct'd. Didn't even get to ask about warranty cause was more interested to see what he would want with me trading in my wifes 2000 Polo. He told me cause the Carisma was low price he could only give me 2k trading in which didn't exactly impress me. I was really hoping for 2.5k. Having said that if he was local and reputable I would probably do business after a mechanical check on the car. Cause of the distance I think I'll be leaving it. No point me looking for a lad on a mobile phone 2 hours drive away from me if something went BANG !!

Advertisement