Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A "different" 21st....any suggestions??

Options
  • 16-04-2008 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭

Ok this may be a bit of a shot in the dark but anyway.....

I'm 21 at the beginning of June, and I'd like to do something with my friends to mark the occasiion. However, I don't want to do the usual book a room in a pub/club, finger food, music, dancing etc. Also, I'm living away from home in an apartment so I don't have any graden/room to have a marquee or do a garden party or whatever.

What I'd ideally like is something a bit different - it can be fairly low-key and offbeat, something laid back and just something fun. Either in or around Dublin or a bit further away (I could probably rustle up transport and accommodation). I suppose something like an "activity" or something that pretty much everyone would enjoy. Finally it can't be anything that involves a hell of a lot of organisation as I'm facing into college exams for the next few weeks so I can't give it too much time

I know that sounds terribly vague, and I'm half expecting no replies, but I'm just strainging to think of ideas and any help or ideas at all would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

Well it seems to me that you have three options -
    (1) Party at Apartment
    Wouldnt be too hard to turn the apartment into something different for the night (Tiki seems to be a common theme in threads at the moment), no issues trying to get transport for people, you will have a lot of cleaning to do afterwards though.

(2) Party at Other Venue
    If its a small function it may not be worth looking at this one. It does require a fair bitmore organisation and can be costly too. On the plus side all cleaning etc is left to the owners of said venue.

(3) Weekend Away
    Get out the car and head somewhere for a bit of a session with activity(s).
    Some options could include-
    Surfing in Lahinch ?
    Paintballing in Wicklow ?
    Karting ?

Some food for thought there if nothing else ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭goodburger

those murder mystery weekends sound like fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭cacamilis

Have you thought of booking a cruiser for a weekend and travelling down carrick-on-shannon?? i organised it for the OH's 21st and it was great fun!

www.emeraldstar.ie

Advertisement