Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircoms Prices for going over the download limit

Options
  • 16-04-2008 12:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

What are Eircoms prices for going over the limit?When I was talknig to the call centre last eyar they said 1 euro per meg,but then I saw on another forum site that it's 4c per meg.

What is the actual price,we have the home starter and were ment to have a 10 gig limit.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭conjamuk

They charge 1 cent per MB but some people say the don't enforce the download cap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭jimbob

A friend of mine downloads 50 or 60 (30 gb allowance) gigs a month and has never been charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Did a search yesterday on this forum - and did not come across anybody who has ever been charged by Eircom for going over the cap

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭DiarmaidGNR

got a 1mb line with 10 gb cap, downloaded around 50GB in a month and wasn't charged. I doubt they will enforce their cap, if they did they would loose a lot of customers to BT

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭321654

Well im only staying with them so long as they dont charge for going over the cap. They never have yet.

Its only worth my while paying over the odds with Eircom if i can go over the cap. Call it added value.

The day they do charge for over the cap, is the day i ditch Eircom.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

321654 wrote: »
    Well im only staying with them so long as they dont charge for going over the cap. They never have yet.

Its only worth my while paying over the odds with Eircom if i can go over the cap. Call it added value.

The day they do charge for over the cap, is the day i ditch Eircom.

Exactly why I'm with them and not the cheaper BT package. I've hit 135GB before and my average is 100GB per month every month. The minute they hint at charging I'll consider moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Exceeded the 30 GB cap by 40% for December. Bill came and no extra charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Laivasse

Um, I don't want to start panicking anyone, but I've been following my download stats on the Eircom site for the last few days and when I refreshed to check them this evening, they appeared in a format I've never seen before:
    allowanceph4.jpg

"Carryover"...? "Blocks purchased"??? I've never seen these terms before and I can't help but get an ominous feeling. Can someone else confirm that this is what they're seeing in their stats too? Anyone think this might be a sign of Eircom finally cracking down on the cap?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭aspasp1

i was most of the time over the limit but so far never been charged !

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Laivasse wrote: »
    Um, I don't want to start panicking anyone, but I've been following my download stats on the Eircom site for the last few days and when I refreshed to check them this evening, they appeared in a format I've never seen before:
    allowanceph4.jpg

"Carryover"...? "Blocks purchased"??? I've never seen these terms before and I can't help but get an ominous feeling. Can someone else confirm that this is what they're seeing in their stats too? Anyone think this might be a sign of Eircom finally cracking down on the cap?

Noh i have seen this a few times, it comes and goes, never been charged yet on eircom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭absurdtrivia

I doubt they'd charge the average user for going over the limit.

Companies often put these charges in there terms and conditions to deter users from seriously abusing the service.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

This subject crops up with monotonous regularity here. Download limits are laid out in the Terms and Conditions and you accept them when you sign up for bb.

I often think that some people would like Eircom to charge start charging so that they have something else to moan about:rolleyes:

Either ways if Eircom did start charging users who go over the cap they would be within their rights.

And boasting here about downloading huge quantities is hardly the wisest thing to be doing is it? Not everyone can be downloading linux distros ad nauseam!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Just dont try and terminate an eircom contract early,as Id imagine that users who have gone over their dl limit would be in for a nasty shock :P

Advertisement