Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

legendary map pack what do you think

Options
  • 16-04-2008 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

what do people think of the new maps

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Played two games on Ghost Town last night - can't really make up my mind yet as its confusing to start. One was a good game of snipers though - that works really well because there's so many levels. In general could be a winner when you get your bearings.

I got five Blackouts in a row then. Pretty good - if a bit dark? Also a bit sparse on weapons I thought - particularly BRs. An old favourite though.

Avalanche never came up in the DLC playlist - is it only in BTB or was I just unlucky?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Dades wrote: »
    Avalanche never came up in the DLC playlist - is it only in BTB or was I just unlucky?

Yeah, wtf story with brs on lockout?

You were unlucky btw, I played it 4 times in a row :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

im not mad on the sniper games but i will play them when they come up but i would rather not. i got alot of them on ghost town last night aswell.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Got to play Avalanche last nite in a CTF game. I don't like it at all (nothing to do with the fact we got owned of course).

Took a tour around it in Forge first. Seems like an awful lot of wasted space. And whoever has the sniper rifle owns the map.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Dades wrote: »
    Got to play Avalanche last nite in a CTF game. I don't like it at all (nothing to do with the fact we got owned of course).

Took a tour around it in Forge first. Seems like an awful lot of wasted space. And whoever has the sniper rifle owns the map.

Deffo, they should have built a direct remake, or a diff map altogether.

everyone just runs for the big archway in the centre, and the horse shoe design of the level is made pointless. Sidewider wasn't fantastic, but it was better than this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Indie18

i think the heroic map pack was better than this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I think they did a great job with the new maps,They could have made Foundry so that it is random each time you play it, Like the top ten voted map types.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭brennaldo

the heroic map pack was much better, personally i dont think any map on the legendary map pack is worth getting

oh and indie18 you stole my thread. i told you i was going to start one about the maps and you go ahead and start it anyway:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭iii Stevo iii

I think they are great! Much better than heroic imo.
    Rats nest vs Avalanche? Avalanche by far.
    Standoff vs Ghost town? Probably Standoff but havent played much GT.
    Blackout vs foundry? Blackout for for everything except forge options obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Hmmm I think I'lll give them a miss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

I think avalanche is great. Everyone keeps vetoing Ghost town so i only played it once!

Advertisement