Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Builds underway

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Can you post pics of what you have done...

Try changing the frequencies, fsb to 320, memory freq to 2.50, set pci frequency to Auto and so on, their is nothing wrong just something we are overlooking...

Try cpu smart fan off ( in pc health )

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

you have to save the settings when you leave the BIOS PRESS F10

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Skidmcmarx

Woohoo. I changed the pci freq to auto 1st as it seemed the simplest thing to change 1st n low n behold it worked :D Thanks so much for ur help Sqaull. Are there ne tests i should run to to make shur everything is stable?? Oh n the CPU temp at the min is around 48degrees. That about too high yes?? I am only using the standard arctic coolers themal paste at the min n i know that affects it....

Most people use prime95

http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=103

Im lazy so I just run a 3d mark test and if it completes that its fine :D

Temps @ idle should be below 40c for both cores...

Speedfan is pretty accuarate for temps

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Skidmcmarx

@ TonyM. I did that on all my attempts but it stil never changed. For sum reason it was the 100pci-e value that was messin it up :o. All fixed now tho....

• Advertisement

How high can you get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

That's strange - it's not ideal to leave pci-e frequency at auto, as it'll raise with the overclock so the bigger the overclock, the more potentially unstable your card will become...and increasing the frequency doesn't offer any performance whatsoever...

Advertisement