Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing old windows ...

Options
  • 16-04-2008 1:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Can somebody please tell me how hard is knock out two small windows and replace them with one single double glazed window . i`d like to try this myself it`s not a supporting wall it`s on a small extention . Would I be better off to ask a builder or could this be tackled myself .

Also i`d like to remove a small bathroom window and replace this with a new 3foot one what is the main things i need to know ..

thanks in advance ..

p.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Moved to DIY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

DJKAV wrote: »
    Can somebody please tell me how hard is knock out two small windows and replace them with one single double glazed window . i`d like to try this myself it`s not a supporting wall it`s on a small extention . Would I be better off to ask a builder or could this be tackled myself .

Also i`d like to remove a small bathroom window and replace this with a new 3foot one what is the main things i need to know ..

thanks in advance ..

p.
    any chance of a few pictures: the main concern is whether the lintels for the existing 2 small windows is in fact one spanning all the way across: if so happy days, if not :(

u will also need a new full width windowsill

similar problem with going from small to 3 feet, what is small?

Is it a single or 2 storey extension

In terms of aesthetics, it will be tough to blend it it well

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭DJKAV

will have pictures tomorrow thanks ...

Advertisement