Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

type of car for the test

Options
  • 16-04-2008 8:45am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi all,

My test is coming up and I have the option of either using the driving school car or my da's car, which i have been practising in for a while.

Id like to use my da's car but its a renault scenic and the handbrake is funny. The gears etc are normal but the handbrake is a small pull lever on the right hand side of the wheel, which you engage manually but which comes off automatically as a response to some combination of clutch & accelerator.... this obviously makes it easier to do hillstarts.

Would the different handbrake present a problem?

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39,022 ✭✭✭✭Permabear

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Yv

I'd say you should ring the Road Safety Authority & clear it up before the event, rather than making the decision yourself & then finding out that it complicates matters on the test - you don't want something like that playing on your mind when you're waiting to go in to the tester to start! I did all of my lessons in a 1.0L Yaris but all of my practice in my mother's 2.0L Mondeo - I was far more comfortable in my mother's car, so it was a no-brainer to use that for the test. If the RSA tell you the handbrake is a problem, then use the lesson car, but it'd suck if you used the unfamiliar car "just in case" and failed, & regretted not finding out the info...

This is their contact details page: http://www.nsc.ie/CONTACT/CONTACT/Navigation.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭saoranach

Thanks for the advice, I emailed them and they just got back there saying its grand for the test

Advertisement