Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying off Credit Card Querie

Options
  • 16-04-2008 9:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi,

So I have a Bank Of Ireland 2-in-1 Mastercard and and AIB current account. Is there a way I can pay my Mastercard bill off from my AIB account online? I can't find a way to do this anywhere and it's driving me crazy!

The only way I can think of is to use the AIB online bill pay service. The Mastercard bill has a 16 digit Account Number down the left hand side - would that be the 'Bill Reference Number' you have to enter on AIB online bill pay screen?

I only ask because I don't have Bank Of Ireland online banking so if I were to try paying it off that way, I wouldn't be able to check if it had worked successfully! So if anybody would be able to let me know, that would be perfect!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Yes - you can use the AIB online bill pay. Generally the reference number is the credit card number, but you can double check that with BOI if you need to.

Unfortunately you won't know if it's successful until it reaches the BOI account, but you can always a check a couple of days after you've made the first payment to ensure it got their safely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Lilee

So BOI would be the ones to contact to check what the reference number on AIB would be for? That's great - i'll give them a call at lunchtime. Thanks!

How would I know if it was successful or not from the AIB online banking screens? Would there be something there that lets me know it's worked or not? Having never used the AIB Bill Pay - i'm a bit confused!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,168 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

the credit card number is always the reference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

As above, but the a/c you pay is like a normal current a/c (i.e a clearing a/c). Any branch will be able to give you the number. Better still give 1890 251 251 a call (BOI credit card services) and they will direct you.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Lilee wrote: »

How would I know if it was successful or not from the AIB online banking screens? Would there be something there that lets me know it's worked or not? Having never used the AIB Bill Pay - i'm a bit confused!

You'll know it's successful as the money will disappear out of your account pretty much immediately - but AIB's site can't tell you when it's hit BOI's account, or when the payment has been applied by BOI to your card. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement