Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Insignia (Vectra replacement) - offical pics...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Evil_Clown

Front looks like an Avensis alright
    And I think the side view has that dolphin look about it that a Primera has

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Why are so many car companies making such similar cars - for example the Audi A5, BMW 3 Series and new Jag have the almost same rear lights. The Seat Leon and Alfa 147 also same rear lights. I understand the sometimes some cars are designed by the same person - but surely they can think of a different shape!!

The Insignia looks similar to the new Lexus from the front and looks like the new Mondeo and C5 from the side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Agreed Curran! quite Lexus like IMHO too........ala GS400ishhhhh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭buckfast4me

Curran wrote: »
    Why are so many car companies making such similar cars - for example the Audi A5, BMW 3 Series and new Jag have the almost same rear lights. The Seat Leon and Alfa 147 also same rear lights. I understand the sometimes some cars are designed by the same person - but surely they can think of a different shape!!

They are preparing for a megamerge. Soon you will have Ford 318Ci's and Audi Mondeos etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

The engines will be a new 2.0 with 130 and 160 bhp, replacing the 120 and 150 bhp 1.9. There will also be a 110 bhp 2.0 as well. Diesels obviously. Couldn't be arsed finding out about the petrols, nobody will want to buy them with our new CO2 emissions system.

There will presumably be a reduction in emissions, which would give the car a pricing advantage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Looks like corrolla/is 220. Nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Holsten

Looks pretty slick to me.

Wonder what the price will be....

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Is there too many butons on the centre console?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Really would'nt be mad about it, especially the interior for some reason.Looks a bit too americanised or summat.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Really would'nt be mad about it, especially the interior for some reason.Looks a bit too americanised or summat.....

I think the current Vectra is sold in the States as some sort of Chevy or somefing:confused:. Anyway, point is it has (AFAIK) been quite sucessful both with customers and - surprisingly - with the motoring press. Just goes to show how far behind the Yanks are in terms of driving dynamics.

So that might account for 'American-friendly' styling?

Back in the early 90s Opels image in Ireland was on a par with VW - mass market, yet German engineered. Various incarnations of wooden, bland , agriculturally engineered ****e damaged them. It will be interesting to see if this can challange the road-testers favorite the Mundano...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

kbannon wrote: »
    Is there too many butons on the centre console?

Opel Ireland will take care of that problem :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭mthd

How very boring, definitely a successor to the vectra.

mthd wrote: »
    How very boring, definitely a successor to the vectra.

Are there any cars in this class that appeal to you? If so, which ones?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Opel Ireland will take care of that problem :rolleyes:

I think that the dash looks like a basic enough spec, expect less buttons only if you pay for a better specced car.

It does look cluttered though. The exterior looks impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭mthd

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Are there any cars in this class that appeal to you? If so, which ones?

The mazda 6 or the ford mondeo, I just dont really like the styling of this

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭King Kelly

Don't think the French need worry on the 'looks' front......

http://www.c5.citroen.com/en/

I don't see the need for manufacturers to have gimmicky details on their cars, vans are going like this too. These designs date very quickly. While the Insignia is pretty conventional, it's still a good looking car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Good looking car.

Looks very much like the Mazda 6.

-VB-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭E92

Not strictly Insignia related, but since it's Opels I want to talk about, I decided to post it here: the Astra and Zafira are getting revised diesels(with a VRT reduction in the case of the Zafira because emissions are improved enough to get down into 20% VRT); the 1.9 CDTI 120 PS is being ditched for manual gearbox models in favour of a 1.7 CDTI with 125 PS.

There will also be a 1.7 CDTI with 110 PS, which replaces the 100 PS 1.7 in the Astra, and presumably will be put into the Zafira for Ireland(it's available in the Continent).

Automatics will continue to use the existing FIAT 1.9 120 PS diesel.

The 1.9 150 bhp FIAT diesel will continue to be offered in the Astra and Zafira(for now at any rate).

And the Astra saloon is now finally available.

1.6 115 bhp and 1.8 140 bhp available for now, then in July the 1.3 90 bhp FIAT diesel and a 1.7 100 bhp diesel will be available(presumably and hopefully more powerful diesels in time to come).

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

E92 wrote: »
    Not strictly Insignia related, but since it's Opels I want to talk about, I decided to post it here: the Astra and Zafira are getting revised diesels(with a VRT reduction in the case of the Zafira because emissions are improved enough to get down into 20% VRT); the 1.9 CDTI 120 PS is being ditched for manual gearbox models in favour of a 1.7 CDTI with 125 PS.

There will also be a 1.7 CDTI with 110 PS, which replaces the 100 PS 1.7 in the Astra, and presumably will be put into the Zafira for Ireland(it's available in the Continent).

Automatics will continue to use the existing FIAT 1.9 120 PS diesel.

The 1.9 150 bhp FIAT diesel will continue to be offered in the Astra and Zafira(for now at any rate).

And the Astra saloon is now finally available.

1.6 115 bhp and 1.8 140 bhp available for now, then in July the 1.3 90 bhp FIAT diesel and a 1.7 100 bhp diesel will be available(presumably and hopefully more powerful diesels in time to come).

A daft time to introduce the Astra saloon, 4 years after the current Astra was launched and the next Astra being launched in the next 12 months or so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Will these hit our dealers in July this year? :confused:

Anyone got any estimated prices ?

Advertisement