Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weather this weekend?

Options
  • 16-04-2008 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭

Long time lurker, first time poster on this forum. I am hoping to do a flight test in Galway either this Friday and Saturday and I would be most obliged to get your learned opinion on what ye think the weather will be like. Idealy I am looking for slack winds, a high cloud base and good vis (aren't we all!). I have been keeping an eye on the pressure charts and it seems that Saturaday might be just a bit better than Friday. I spoke to forecaster in Shannon yesterday, who said that both Firday and Saturday were looking decent but he couldn't really pick between the two.

Any help would be greatly appreciated:)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,632 ✭✭✭darkman2

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    Long time lurker, first time poster on this forum. I am hoping to do a flight test in Galway either this Friday and Saturday and I would be most obliged to get your learned opinion on what ye think the weather will be like. Idealy I am looking for slack winds, a high cloud base and good vis (aren't we all!). I have been keeping an eye on the pressure charts and it seems that Saturaday might be just a bit better than Friday. I spoke to forecaster in Shannon yesterday, who said that both Firday and Saturday were looking decent but he couldn't really pick between the two.

Any help would be greatly appreciated:)

Sure! Friday and Saturday will be days with a fairly brisk Easterly wind and some scattered showers. The West will see the best of the sunshine and in general the least rain. Visibility should be good outside of showers though liable to decrease significantly in any heavy showers. Though I think heavy showers are unlikely in the West.

Fairly cool aswell on Friday and Saturday - temperature around 6 - 9C generally. It looks to me as if Friday will be the better day but the cooler day. Saturday some heavier showers seem more likely but still should be well scattered. As for cloud cover - uncertain but I think there will be some sunshine. Wind wont be a problem. Maybe small gusts at times but nothing really noticable. Could take the edge off the temperatures a little.

All in all two reasonable days. Enjoy!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Hmmm, I would say Friday would be the best of the two. I think a few homegrown showers will push westwards on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

Thanks lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,518 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

I couldn't see a thread to put this in, but I would say there is some risk of a bit of sleet or snow mixing in with rain later today. The system to the southwest pulls in the remnants of an arctic front over central England this morning, and although it should be generally 5-8 C there could be some pockets of colder air and snow is quite possible over higher hills and even lower down in central Ireland away from the cities or towns.

As to the original question, I think the weather will be pretty dismal much of Friday over large parts of Ireland, but I suppose it would tend to break up a bit in Galway. Saturday should become more variable with longer dry or even sunny intervals. But that will make any showers thundery and locally heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

WOW!!! What a forecast MT!!! :D:D:D

Linkey: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055277314

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,518 ✭✭✭✭M.T. Cranium

Thanks, on the other hand this weather system has largely dried up so I was rather lucky that anything fell anywhere, must have been compensating errors that saved me this time. :D

Advertisement