Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct debit not taken for 3 months

Options
  • 16-04-2008 10:29am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I think I know that what most will say but I am going to ask anyway

We got Eircom phonewatch installed in January and were informed that the direct debit would be taken from the following month, February. We chose the direct debit option as it was the best option for us at that time. However no payment has been taken from our account.

Now, is it up to me to contact them and highlight this issue or are they at fault?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

they are at fault but that's not really the point. they don't have to take it monthly and when they realise their mistake you could end up with a massive bill. are you sure the service has been activated?

short answer: call them and tell them

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭philcsl

You should highlight the issue as soon as you are aware of it. They would most likely notice in the next couple of months when they notice the account is unpaid for X amount of months.

It is most likely Eircom's fault for not setting the DD up correctly but that doesn't change the fact that you will still have to pay for the service so the longer it goes unpaid the more you will have to pay in a lump sum to bring your account up to date.

It happens fairly regularly that a DD mandate goes AWOL somewhere between the client, the service provider and the bank with lots of companies...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I just called them and I have to deal with Friends First as that who is looking after the direct debit! Grrr

Update: Rang Friends First and they informed me Eircom have not yet invoiced them. Eircom need to invoice FF and FF pay on our behalf and then take direct debit from us.

So I now need to contact Eircom to get them to invoice FF!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Next time round, tell eircom that your contract is with them, and it's their responsibility to do the legwork and get in touch with friends first.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

seagull wrote: »
    Next time round, tell eircom that your contract is with them, and it's their responsibility to do the legwork and get in touch with friends first.

QFT. they should not have told you to contact friend's first. eircom staff tend to be very lazy

• Advertisement
Advertisement