Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Open to Criticism

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,402 ✭✭✭fletch

Genuine question but are those wheels photoshopped on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

fletch wrote: »

nope.
    at least. not that I know of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 284 ✭✭Phaetonman

Private sale, boy racer wheels, 85K miles.

The sort of person who is going to spend 22K on a prestige car like an Audi will stay well clear of that example.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

They have to be photoshop'd.
    If he has recently bought similar wheels, take a picture of them and post it on the site - customers wont be impressed calling out to see the car with different alloys or none at all!
    Other than that, car is priced OK, and the 6 speed box should be a good selling point!!
    Other than the dodgy wheels - should be no reason not to be able to sell it - apart from the amount of them coming in thru the north and UK with body kits on them! Know 2 lads who have bought them over the border!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 999 ✭✭✭Noelie

There is over a 100 A4's cheaper than your brothers. and there are a lot of dealer's selling cheaper. I didn;t check the specs but your brother will have to have drop the price to be one of the cheapest for his spec of car.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

fletch wrote: »

The wheels do look weird. Maybe worth your while taking new photos

Curran wrote: »
    They have to be photoshop'd.

just looked again and I'm starting to agree with you. I'll ask him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

People spending €22.5k on a car usually go to a dealer to get the backup the feel they should be getting on that big an investment. Most people buying at this price will want to trade in their old car. Oh yeah and here's the biggie, the world and his mother have been importing audis from the uk hoping to make a quick buck. The revenue value Audis at stupidly high prices because so many of them are being brought in, yet even they only price your brothers at €18.5k. With current exchange rates, €10k will buy you an equivalent car in the UK, €4630 will clear it for VRT.

It's back to the same old thing when it comes to selling cars privately, you're dreaming at that price.

<edit... from VRT website>

VEHICLE REGISTRATION TAX (VRT) ENQUIRY
    DATE: 16 April 2008 TIME: 11:14

STATISTICAL CODE: 42085151
    MAKE: AUDI
    MODEL: A4 1.9 TDI (Jan. 2001 - Nov. 2004)
    VERSION: TDI SE 130BHP 6SPEED 04DR / SALOON / MANUAL / DIESEL /
    MILEAGE: 85000 MILES

The information requested in respect of the vehicle shown is indicated below.
    DATE OF FIRST REGISTRATION(MM/YY): JUNE 2004
    OPEN MARKET SELLING PRICE:
    (applicable on enquiry date) €18521
    RATE OF TAX: 25.0%
    VEHICLE REGISTRATION TAX:
    (payable on enquiry date) €4630

NOTES

1. The amount above is that payable on the date of enquiry. A different amount may be payable if
    the rate or the Open Market Selling Price is altered

2. The assessment relates only to a vehicle of the above description that is in good condition and is limited to accepted trade
    mileage norms. The assistance of a Vehicle Registration Office should be sought in the event that an estimate cannot be generated
    in respect of a particular vehicle.

3. Additional VRT may be payable if the vehicle is fitted with chargeable enhancements/accessories.

4. In certain circumstances, CCT and/or VAT may also be payable. In addition, Type Approval
    Certification may also be required.

5. Further information is available at www.revenue.ie/leaflets/vrt5.htm or from your local
    Vehicle Registration Office. See www.revenue.ie/cont_main.htm for contact details.

Print Instructions
    To Print a copy of the Vehicle Registration Tax Valuation Enquiry, click on the Print icon in your Internet browser

kikel wrote: »
    The wheels do look weird. Maybe worth your while taking new photos

just rang him. He's getting those wheels this weekend. I suggested he retake the pics. He agreed!

Why is he getting new wheels and then selling the car with them. Those wheels would devalue the car at that price. Think about who your potential buyer is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

Why's he replacing the alloys with expensive Rs4 replicas (and potentially narrowing his market) if he's selling the car?

I'd suggest better pics, and decent ones of the interior too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

Take pics of car with original wheels, dont bother with the new alloys. Also, take off those stupid looking 'personalised plates'. Jaaas its the bain of my life when someone takes a good, fairly new prestige car and puts them on, screams boy racer.

Its also due for NCT this year is it not? Might be worth getting that done and selling it with 2 year NCT included. The money for the alloys would be better spent on that and replacing the 'used' front tyres.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Phaetonman wrote: »
    Why is he getting new wheels and then selling the car with them. Those wheels would devalue the car at that price. Think about who your potential buyer is.

Its clear the wheels are photoshopped but do the same wheels on this car Click devalue it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

VeVeX wrote: »
    Its clear the wheels are photoshopped but do the same wheels on this car Click devalue it?

Definately - way too boy racer looking for my liking!!! :p

Damn Id love on of them beasts!!!! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

It's far too dear. Put it at €17,950 and he'll sell it. Don't pay any heed at other similar or more expensive ones, none of those are selling either. The fact is that you're competing against other 2004 130bhp A4's, and they're coming in by the boat load from the UK, both by people bringing them to sell and people bringing them in to drive themselves.
    The most you can hope for is about €2,000 more than what you'd get one for the UK for. That's about €8,000 more.

but do the same wheels on this car Click devalue it?
    Yeah the car has lost 20K of its value in 12 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

ShayK1 wrote: »
    Hey,

My brother has his car on carzone

http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Audi/A4/SE-130bhp/979294/

but he's not getting any calls.
    I think the ad is pretty good but as the title says... Its open to critism.

There are 210 2004 Audi A4s currently for sale on carzone, your brothers is priced at the upper end of that list. He is going to have to be realistic about the price

These are examples of what he is competing against:
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Audi/A4/130-6/911036/
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Audi/A4/Audi-A4/981745/
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Audi/A4/1.9-TDI/937980/
    http://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Audi/A4/130bph-sport/1001202/

There is a good bit of difference in price, also no offence but the photos look alot better than the ones in your brother's advert.

one of the wheels was being repaired so he didn't have them on it.
    He'll have the full set back on at the weekend and he'll update the pics.
    I'll tell him its priced too high put I doubt he'll change the plates.
    Thanks for the comments lads

It says price dropped on the ad? What price did he have it at?

dunno tbh.
    I was only talking to him about it today so its the first time I've seen it.
    probably 23K or 24K

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Don't put "price dropped" on the add. That only screams "I'm a tight ba*tard who was looking for far too much money for my car, couldn't sell it, now I'm looking for too much money but won't go down any more than this".

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

alias no.9 wrote: »
    The revenue value Audis at stupidly high prices because so many of them are being brought in, yet even they only price your brothers at €18.5k. With current exchange rates, €10k will buy you an equivalent car in the UK, €4630 will clear it for VRT.

It's back to the same old thing when it comes to selling cars privately, you're dreaming at that price.

<edit... from VRT website>

I don't know whether it's different for Audis, but having looked at a few BMWs from the UK, the Revenue's OMSP is definitely lower than what you would pay over here.

Advertisement