Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT Report Educate me

Options
  • 16-04-2008 11:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭

Hi,

car passed the NCT this morning and I have a few questions regarding the report

The suspension tests show

front axle 23mm ( nearside ) 28mm ( offside )
    rear axle 29mm ( nearside ) 34mm ( offside )

Am I correct in saying that both the offside shocks/springs are allowing more travel than the nearside ?. I know that i need to replace as a pair
    ( both shocks/springs ) on the same axle .

The brake test Ovality
    Nearside offside Nearside offside
    front axle 2.55kn 3.03kn 13% 12%
    rear axle 1.77kn 1.35kn 64% 60%
    parking brake 2.07kn 1.89kn

what does the Ovality test show.

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,525 ✭✭✭kona

i think ovality relates to you drumbrakes at the back, its weather or not the drums are worn into a oval, so you dont get even braking..

the rest of the results looks good, you have to allow for their machines error, your suspension is grand:)

slight imbalance on the parking brake though, if you have drums its a piece of piss to adjust:)

Advertisement