Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The worst diet ever invented!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

And I assume the model in the picture got that midriff from following the Alternate Day Diet?

diet2_178671t.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

Errr, looks like a sh!tty version of intermittent fasting, some lads on the performancemenu.com forum have used this with some success along with plenty of other folk. Apparently when this is applied to good foods it can be shown to increase insulin sensitivity add lean mass for a given calorie intake. The thing is though, you eat the same average calories so you;ll be doubling up on the off-days. Obviously it isn't done with crisps and biscuits. Dunno why the writer calls atkins a fad though, she obviously doesn't have a damn clue about what it is or how it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

I often wonder how people like him can live with what their influence does to others. Baffling why he would recommend this diet to people. Regardless of whether drop weight or not, the mindset of eating crap and then fasting is just dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭blah

I often wonder how people like him can live with what their influence does to others.

One reason:

dollars.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Moved to Nutrition and Diet.

Perhaps I should sticky it and make it a "What Not To Do..." topic?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 KiwiChick

g'em wrote: »
    Perhaps I should sticky it and make it a "What Not To Do..." topic?

If ever there was a What not to do, this is it.
    I don't know who is worse, the person that invented the diet or the people that are following it and believe it is good for them?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

Ok, I can see some advantages of IF diets (I find I eat really quality food when I'm actually eating, no junk of any sort) but I can't see the advantage of this at all.

Advertisement