Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worth it putting 4GB of RAM in a Vista 32bit machine

Options
  • 16-04-2008 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭

I'm going to be upgrading the RAM in my sig rig to a 4GB kit that is a faster

So my options with the 4GB kit that comes out of my sig rig is to either sell it or throw it into my HTPC. Now I can't do any overclocking in my HTPC and i'll be leaving it on Vista 32bit for the foreseeable future. The timings between the 2GB kit thats currently in it and the 4GB kit from my sig rig are identical.

I'm just wondering if there's much point using 4GB's with vista 32bit? Or should I just sell it and leave the 2GB's thats already in my HTPC?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

id take the 4gb kit to be honest. 2gb isnt enough for vista. plus you'll still have 3.2gb useable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Anti wrote: »
    id take the 4gb kit to be honest. 2gb isnt enough for vista. plus you'll still have 3.2gb useable.

Yeah, i'm thinking this myself. I know if I sold them i'd be kicking myself 6 months from now if I do decide to upgrade my HTPC to Vista 64bit. Its better to have more and not need it then to have less and do need it.

Plus i'd probably only get €50 for them anyway :rolleyes: hardly seems worth selling them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,033 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

that's what I have in my htpc with V32, Vista draaaagggs at 2gig, if it was a couple of years ago sell it, with RAM prices what they are now, I'd keep it

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Advertisement