Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What salary to expect?

• 16-04-2008 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

My friend is wondering what salary to expect...

He is ACA recently qualified.
    His 3.5 year of training has been in industry.
    He is currently on about 36k.
    He now wants to work in practice.

Will he get lower salary because his training was in industry? Whats the least he sould accept or most he should hope to get?

One firm is offering him 30k. He sould probably just keep looking but perhaps 30k is reasonable considering his experience is in industry........

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Fishyfreak

30k is an insult.

He should be getting 40k+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭The CCAinsider

40 in practice, 45 in corporate sector and 50 in financial services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭scoot on

In most industry jobs you will only get higher money by moving. I know a lot of ppl still working in my old employer who are qualified (i'm only part qual) who are on 7-8k less than me. If they moved they'd probably be offered 45 - 50k but they are comfortable where they are and not willing to take the chance that they might not like the new company.

Your friend should be well over 40. I'd say probably 45k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Fruiti

He should definitely get 45K. Just qualified ACAs in Big 4 firms get 45K as soon as they've passed their FAEs (i.e. with 2 years experience). Regardless of the fact that his experience is in industry I think he shouldn't accept anything lower than 42 or 43K minimum - more if he's willing to work in FS as they're desperately short of staff in that area.

Advertisement