Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Cynos - advice needed

Options
  • 16-04-2008 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭

Toyota Cynos 1995

130k kilo

Great condition but needs to be nct and possibly a bit of work to be done also.

If someone called to your door and offered you €500 to take it away on a truck would you take it???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 109 ✭✭Trapattoni

Hi guys,

Can anyone offer advice on this??

Cheers

T

• Registered Users Posts: 5,863 ✭✭✭RobAMerc

given the current market - the car it is and the fact it's got no NCT I certainly would take the cash. it will rot away outside unused and will cost you €100 to have someone come take it some day.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭klaus23

I know a guy that had one and he complained of it being terribly thirsty, of tramlining and of costly parts avaliablity as it is an import.

PM natnif on octane.ie, he might be able to help you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

Eh yeah, i think it is a no brainer.

Are you getting offered the 500 or giving the 500?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,502 ✭✭✭chris85

Great cars, had one and was not thirsty at all. Only problem i had was trying to get a left rear light as the one on it was slightly cracked. Eventually i got rear ended and the car was written off and got good price of the insurance.

They are great cars, i may be interested in it depending how much work it needs?

I really like the cynos, it never gave me a problem. cheap to insure and cheap enough on tax. (just looked out the window and one went by :))

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭groupb

Its a starlet with a different body.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 brianomurphy

Is this a Gen1 cynos, i.e. the older model? There is/was a 95 Gen 2 on carazone for 2K. not sure about NCT on it.

Is it currently driving?
    What work do you think is needed on it?
    Is it standard? Or modified in any way?
    Is it burning oil?

I've a Gen 2 but might be looking for a back-up.

Advertisement