Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Council House

Options
  • 16-04-2008 2:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

Hi,
    Anyone know if the council still build you a house if you can provide the site??
    I know they use to do that.
    I'm a single mother and have been on the list for a council house for over 3 years now. I'm living at home but my parents house is up for sale, so my parents have gave me a site.
    Any info would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I get the impression such cases are concentrated among the elderly or people with disabilities, but I think talk to the housing department in your local council. I ge the impression you live in the house for free and then the house reverts to the council - so be very careful when checking this out.

Make sure you are happy that you would get able to get planning permission - otherwise you'll just have a dud site and your parents will have sold for less than they could get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭ainet

Ok, thanks. I'll have to go into the council because there's not much info to be found on this anywhere.
    The site is not attached to my parents house, my dad owns some land in the area.
    Considering I'll have nowhere to go when my parents house is sold, I'm hoping the council will do this for me.

Advertisement