Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

First NCT

Options
  • 16-04-2008 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi all,

My first NCT is coming up, I have a date and place, however I'm wondering about the following thing :

Will I need to stay over while they check the car, or do I need to come back?
    If I need to stay with my car, how long does it take ?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

There's a waiting room and it only takes 20-30 mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Turbidine

Thanks ! Another quick question, can they fail me because the left headlight is broken (therefore not accessible)? The light works, just the box or whatever you wanna call it in which it is is broken inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Turbidine wrote: »
    Thanks ! Another quick question, can they fail me because the left headlight is broken (therefore not accessible)? The light works, just the box or whatever you wanna call it in which it is is broken inside.

dont quite understand, do you mean the glass is broken?

if it is broken to the extent that it can cause harm to someone, ie it might cut someone then it will fail

• Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

From your description probably not. As long as the box isn't broken/sharp edges etc.

Sorry, it's quite difficult to describe - the guy who was fixing the headlights aim (again, not sure how you call this) said he couldn't do it because he couldn't open the box (that is, the whole box where the glass is attached). It's something that you usually need to unscrew but in that case you can't because it's broken. This is under the bunnet so you wouldn't see it until you open the bunnet. I'll try and get a pic of this for clarification.
    The mecanic said I needed to change the whole thing and that I would probably find this in a scrap. Any idea where I can find a scrap?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,727 ✭✭✭✭Sherifu

Sorry, it's quite difficult to describe - the guy who was fixing the headlights aim (again, not sure how you call this) said he couldn't do it because he couldn't open the box (that is, the whole box where the glass is attached). It's something that you usually need to unscrew but in that case you can't because it's broken. This is under the bunnet so you wouldn't see it until you open the bunnet. I'll try and get a pic of this for clarification.
    If it's just the opening/closing mechanism that's broken i'd say it'll be ok.
    The mecanic said I needed to change the whole thing and that I would probably find this in a scrap. Any idea where I can find a scrap?
    Link

Yes, that's the only thing really. Thanks for the link !

Advertisement