Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Librocop in Tribune

Options
  • 16-04-2008 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭

One of the funniest things i've ever read in my life... cant believe they had the balls to ask him to do the interview - pick up the latest edition, pg12, for pure comic genius!

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I will be stopping by on my cycle to work to pick up a copy, If anyone wants to post the interview please do :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

was great,though he's sorta lost his air of mystery now.
    He actually seems like a decent guy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Haha! When I saw him on the front page I was thinking we were gonna get a full two page spread with his life story! He really made sure to stress that he was a laid back guy outside of the library :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

OMG librocop is actually a normal guy:eek:
    The polish guy from 911 sounds like he loves UCD...funny guy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

It's probably because the grey-on-grey architecture reminds him of Poland.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

If anyone could paste up the article they earn a thanks under their post from me lol. Seriously though I'd like to read it and won't be in UCD again so it would be appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Now Librocop has lost the fear factor. Next time he comes over to me im just going to tickle his belly "Now off with ya" i'll say. And get me a coffee !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Chakar

It'd be more convenient to scan the article. There's a scanner near the IT Services desk in the Daedulus Building.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,814 ✭✭✭Charlie

What a man, what a job! I love heading into the library seeing him at his desk, feet up, stretching back, and that smirked grimace on his face. You know the sherrif is in town!

Edit: Oh yeah, has anyone seen this :D Classic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Young Siward

Chakar wrote: »
    It'd be more convenient to scan the article. There's a scanner near the IT Services desk in the Daedulus Building.

No need, it's online here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Cudos for the interview. I joined the UCD Family in 2003, and he alawys seemed very pleasent, especially relative to some of his collegues. He always smiled if you looked at him. He was cool

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭Breezer

Michael O'Brien??? Nooooo, the illusion is ruined :(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Stepherunie

Ah the man is a legend...

Never forget his moves with some girls mobile when it was clear it was only on her desk because she was pulling everything out of her bag trying to find something, he stopped, didn't look down, picked up the phone and fired it under a file and continued to walk on....

That man is a genius.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Grimes wrote: »
    Now Librocop has lost the fear factor. Next time he comes over to me im just going to tickle his belly "Now off with ya" i'll say. And get me a coffee !

Hahaha... brilliant! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Cheers Simon.

he also smokes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

Or swing the 'conversation' towards Amy Winehouse and the Republic of Loose, he'd be sure to let you away without a telling off then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

I always felt safe with him about...

boneless wrote: »
    I always felt safe with him about...

But did he fell the same about you ? I would be inclined to think not. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

ya,read that,funny stuff!:D

the librocop bebo page ftw tho lol they really should ask him about the page

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭vote4pedro

How did the Tribune get on at the student media awards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Please report back with the results of this experiment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Librarynerd

vote4pedro wrote: »
    How did the Tribune get on at the student media awards?

The Tribune did pretty well in the nominations as far as I know, and they definitely won 2 awards - Features Writer of the Year (Arts and Pop Culture) & Features Writer of the Year (News and Politics).

The Observer won 2 also - Colour Writer of the Year and Features Writer (Education Focus). Well done to all involved!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Librarynerd

The winners and nominees are all listed here by the way:

http://www.oxygen.ie/page/897

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭Tom65

DaveMcG wrote: »
    Please report back with the results of this experiment.

The survival rates for experiments like that are very, very low. I'd send a search and rescue squad if we don't hear back. Or send Rambo. Now there's an interesting battle: Librocop v. Rambo.

Advertisement