Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone bowl on the Wii ?

Options
  • 16-04-2008 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Am GLUED into the Wii sports bowling - so much cheaper than 'plex :)

Findin it very realistic too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Ha ha, I've tried it alright and it's very entertaining although I really wouldn't call it realistic, not if you are a bowler who has had any training anyway :)

There is a Brunswick Bowling game for the Wii, I thought it would be great but apparently Brunswick merely sold out and licensed their name to the product rather than having any technical input into the game mechanics. :( I was hoping that game would allow users choose whether the ball contained any axis weights or finger plugs, different oil patterns on the lane etc.

The Wii bowling is good and definitely cheaper than the 'plex though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Give the plex a break!

I've never seen a realistic bowling game. It's just one of those games like darts that they never get right. It's very hard to simulate certain types of sport.

Former plex employee :pac:

javaboy wrote: »
    Give the plex a break!
    Former plex employee :pac:

No! /Former XLBowl (Superdome) employee :pac::pac:
    I've never seen a realistic bowling game. It's just one of those games like darts that they never get right. It's very hard to simulate certain types of sport.
    You're right but it's also to do witht he fact that a bowling game is never going to sell as many copies as Call of Duty IV or GTA IV...for some reason ;)... so they aren't going to spend a lot of time and money on developing uber-realistic physics engines for them either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,094 ✭✭✭✭javaboy

Actually I meant I'm a former plex employee. As it happens I'm bowling in a league now in Superdome. I've had enough of the Leisureplex to last me a lifetime :D

javaboy wrote: »
    Actually I meant I'm a former plex employee. As it happens I'm bowling in a league now in Superdome. I've had enough of the Leisureplex to last me a lifetime :D

Yeah, I knew what you meant...I was saying that as a former XL Bowl (Superdome) employee myself (I worked there about 15 years ago) I wasn't going to give the plex a break :D

Interestingly, there are plenty of YouTube vids showing people bowling a 300 on Wii Sports bowling...I haven't played Wii bowling a lot but I never got a 300 when I did play it :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 sonnet

Sputnicks wrote: »
    Am GLUED into the Wii sports bowling - so much cheaper than 'plex :)

Findin it very realistic too
    Why dont you bowl in Alsaa instead?? Better lane conditions, bowlers, coachs and its alot cheaper

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Sputnicks

My b****ix of a brother bowled a 300 hoofing the ball straight down the lane. Broke my heart.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i had a mate who i watched do the exact same thing. felt like kicking him square in the nuts...

in a friendly, congratulatory way of course ;)

Advertisement