Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Transfer Rumours and General Chat

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭delija_sever029

Thats gonna be very good transfer for Barca

Reading about Keita and on Barcas list they announced are Keita,Alves,Pique,Hleb,David Silva,Malouda,Benzema,Adebayor,Berbatov,Coloccini,those are players they will work on to bring them in Barca this summer or some of them

Milan will negotiate in Barcelona this weekend about transfering Ronaldinho and Zambrota and later about transfering Robinho from Real Madrid about which is also interested Chelsea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Milan wont pay the 40 mill transfer, Man City in talks with him.

kdjac

If you are talking about Ronaldinho than you should know that he already long ago said he dont want to play for City and even Milan didnt offer 40mil he asked Barca to deal with them coz thats only club he wants to play for now,thats why they came on negotiations

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

If we get Coloccini, and Alves, we are DEFINITELY the worst hair styled team in la liga... :lol:

340x.jpg

story.puyol.gi.jpg

Coloccini_054.jpg

0151787B.jpg

This guy shoulda stayed to complete the ensemble...

400x400_FrankRijkaardNew.jpg

For the time being he makes the terrible hair club too;

p1_ronaldinho_0601.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Stky10

If Coloccini signs, you'll have way worse problems than his hair. He has been godawful anytime I've seen him. Pique ain't much better, but with experience he might develop. Keita is a good move though, he'll help improve the midfield physically. Which is a good thing, over the past couple of seasons when I've seen them play I've always thought that too many of the team were too small and not able for physical teams putting it up to them, which is why I was so disappointed last summer when they signed Milito.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Zaragoza have signed Ricardo Oliviera fro A.C. for 8 mil.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

hunter164 wrote: »
    Zaragoza have signed Ricardo Oliviera fro A.C. for 8 mil.

a replacement for Milito? he hardly will be playing in Div1 next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

a replacement for Milito? he hardly will be playing in Div1 next season.

He was on loan with them all season, so I'm guessing that Zaragoza had the option to buy at the end of the loan and they excercised it. I don't see why they'd pay 8 mill if he wasn't going to play for them. Good player on his day but has regressed in the past couple of years. Maybe a stint in la segunda is exactly the kick up the arse he needs!

• Advertisement

eZe^ wrote: »
    If we get Coloccini, and Alves, we are DEFINITELY the worst hair styled team in la liga... :lol:

Dont forget

geovanniNT_.jpg

victor_valdes14-portero-barcelona.jpg

Thiago-Motta-pictures5.jpg

They were the days!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭hunter164

Barca have signed Gerard Pique from United.Price is unknown.

United release statement

Club statement

Manchester United has issued the following statement regarding Cristiano Ronaldo's future:

Manchester United has watched with growing irritation the comments attributed to Real Madrid over their alleged desire to sign Cristiano Ronaldo. The facts are:

The player is on a long-term contract and his registration is held by Manchester United
    The player is not for sale

The Club will have no alternative but to report Real Madrid to the world governing body, FIFA, if it continues to behave in this totally unacceptable fashion. These public attempts to unsettle the player are completely against the regulations and the Club will not tolerate them any longer.

In addition, the Club is certain that they are a distraction for the Portuguese national squad as they prepare for the European Championships. No-one should be in any doubt that Manchester United will do everything in its power to keep its best players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

An Citeog wrote:
    He was on loan with them all season, so I'm guessing that Zaragoza had the option to buy at the end of the loan and they excercised it. I don't see why they'd pay 8 mill if he wasn't going to play for them. Good player on his day but has regressed in the past couple of years. Maybe a stint in la segunda is exactly the kick up the arse he needs!

Did well this year for them, 17 goals in the league. Milito got another 15...nuts that they're going down really just looking at their teamsheet! defence really let them down though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

SMH @ Oliveira signing for Zaragoza.

Delighted that we are back to regular signing patterns. Henry signalled what could have been the start of a 'galactico' era, but now that we have signed a strong CMF and a potential Catalan hero for the defense, Im feeling good...

Now all thats needed is a winger/ SS or maybe one of each if Gio/ Etoo end up actually leaving... Im basically counting Alves as a done deal...

Valdes

Puyol
    Pique
    Abidal----
    ---Alves

Toure----Keita

Iniesta

Messi

Eto'o
    Henry

If you give Messi a free roll, that line up is so good for tough away games, then if we are struggling to get a result, take Toure off for Xavi, adding creativity and more attacking options...

For home games depending on the opposition Toure/ Keita can compete for one of the 3 midfield spots, with the other two going to Xavi and Iniesta...

Delighted that we are back to regular signing patterns. Henry signalled what could have been the start of a 'galactico' era, but now that we have signed a strong CMF and a potential Catalan hero for the defense, Im feeling good...

Now all thats needed is a winger/ SS or maybe one of each if Gio/ Etoo end up actually leaving... Im basically counting Alves as a done deal...

Valdes

Puyol
    Pique
    Abidal----
    ---Alves

Toure----Keita

Iniesta

Messi

Eto'o
    Henry

If you give Messi a free roll, that line up is so good for tough away games, then if we are struggling to get a result, take Toure off for Xavi, adding creativity and more attacking options...

For home games depending on the opposition Toure/ Keita can compete for one of the 3 midfield spots, with the other two going to Xavi and Iniesta...

Iniesta will be the key to success next season. Eto'o to Milan is the rumour. Also I wonder if Pep will sign a new keeper.

PS how many times have u been to the Camp Nou? Are tickets hard to get I know ticket forum is >>>>thataway but figured Id ask u.

Dos Santos to Spurs

Seems silly to let a 19 yr old youth academy product go tbh.

Iniesta will be the key to success next season. Eto'o to Milan is the rumour. Also I wonder if Pep will sign a new keeper.

PS how many times have u been to the Camp Nou? Are tickets hard to get I know ticket forum is >>>>thataway but figured Id ask u.

I go to the Camp Nou as much as possible, usually its only been about 3/4 games a season recently, but I only went to one last season due to college... I hope to live their once again, get a season ticket/ become a soci again.

You wont have a problem with tickets at all, you can buy them from vending machines in Barca or else the ticket office at the Camp Nou...

I go to the Camp Nou as much as possible, usually its only been about 3/4 games a season recently, but I only went to one last season due to college... I hope to live their once again, get a season ticket/ become a soci again.

You wont have a problem with tickets at all, you can buy them from vending machines in Barca or else the ticket office at the Camp Nou...

Expect a PM in future months. Im makin a promise to myself now to go early next year.

Barca have long been my second team, read about their history years back, and all the sh1t about Di Stefano and I always think of them as the good guys! I follow them nearly as closely as I follow United, would LOVE to go to a game. Ive heard the city is fantastic too.

• Advertisement

Expect a PM in future months. Im makin a promise to myself now to go early next year.

Barca have long been my second team, read about their history years back, and all the sh1t about Di Stefano and I always think of them as the good guys! I follow them nearly as closely as I follow United, would LOVE to go to a game. Ive heard the city is fantastic too.

You've never been to Barna? Holy sh*t, if you're passionate about the team, and have never been there, your first time will be amazing. I lived there as a child, but some of my cule friends said that once they visited the city, it made them way bigger fans. Not (just) because they saw their club live, but they experienced the city and its cultural heritage.. Im yet to go to a city I love as much as Barna!

I take it you've read Barca: A Peoples Passion by Jimmy Burns? Great book on the history of the club up until the emergence of Ronaldo!

I have to go to the Camp Nou early next season too, I think Ill go to the Gamper Cup, they are playing Boca Juniors on the 26th of August... I'd love to see Boca Juniors/ River Plate in action, so this is a good opportunity!

You've never been to Barna? Holy sh*t, if you're passionate about the team, and have never been there, your first time will be amazing. I lived there as a child, but some of my cule friends said that once they visited the city, it made them way bigger fans. Not (just) because they saw their club live, but they experienced the city and its cultural heritage.. Im yet to go to a city I love as much as Barna!

I take it you've read Barca: A Peoples Passion by Jimmy Burns? Great book on the history of the club up until the emergence of Ronaldo!

I have to go to the Camp Nou early next season too, I think Ill go to the Gamper Cup, they are playing Boca Juniors on the 26th of August... I'd love to see Boca Juniors/ River Plate in action, so this is a good opportunity!

Ive always used my excess money to go to Old Trafford. The Champions League semi was a dream come through cos I got to see them but was an odd one cos I was roaring my head off for United while saying "Wow there's Puyol, Xavi, Messi, Valdes (hero in Paris), Iniesta, Eto'o...." Awesome.

I havent read that book but Im going to. Been looking for some reading material for when my exams end.

I will go around September or November, Im workin in an accountants firm as a tarinee so October is a no go, end of tax year, ill barely have time to fart nevermind anything else. My friend was in Madrid on erasmus, wanted me to go over, couldnt bring myself to do it!! Id go if I was there, but Id feel dirty!! She actually hooked up with a Madrid player, dunno if I can name names though!!

My friend likes Barca too, so Ill head over with him, try and take in the city as well. My Dad is always tellin me to go there, he loves Barcelona.

EDIT: In Old Trafford, at the end of the match it was great, I was in the East stand pitchside and the Barca fans were in the tier above us, and when the match was over and the celebrating calmed down the Barca fans stood up and applauded the United fans after the game, by this stage all the players had left the pitch. It was really classy from both sets of fans and what football should be all about. During the match when we could hear them we'd drown them out and they kept us on our toes all night. Brilliant.

Imm disappointed United lost Pique but at the same time Im happy cos he went the one place I can handle!!

If Eto'o leaves Id like to see:

Toure/Keite----Xavi

-Messi----Bojan----Iniesta----

Henry

The problem with that formation is their is only one player who is extremely effective on the flanks...

Rumours say Barca are making terms with Hleb... For fu*k sake, why pay 20 million for a player who is only half as good as Iniesta... Iniesta is our own youth academy player, and is actually twice the player Hleb is... Damnit, another midfielder who will want to walk the f*cking ball into the back of the net... GO AWAY HLEB!!!

The problem with that formation is their is only one player who is extremely effective on the flanks...

Rumours say Barca are making terms with Hleb... For fu*k sake, why pay 20 million for a player who is only half as good as Iniesta... Iniesta is our own youth academy player, and is actually twice the player Hleb is... Damnit, another midfielder who will want to walk the f*cking ball into the back of the net... GO AWAY HLEB!!!

Dont see it myself. Hleb is very similar to iniesta as u said, only worse, again as u said. For me Iniesta, Messi and Bojan need to be the epicentre of the new team. I look at what happened Paul Scholes when Veron arrived at United and he got pushed out of position to accomodate him and think Id hate to see it happen Iniesta, especially at his age. He's already a top class player.

Maybe switch Bojan to the left and run Iniesta through the middle. A left sided problem would be solved by Henrys drifting and Bojan could press into the centre when he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Graham Hunter has just finished up on Off The Ball, saying Dos Santos is a done deal with Spurs for €15m.

He claims Laporta is likely to be ousted as President this summer, and the man likely to replace him has contacted Gio's dad to try and get him to hold off signing for Spurs, as he'd like him to stay. Hunter maintains the deal will go through though.

Graham Hunter has just finished up on Off The Ball, saying Dos Santos is a done deal with Spurs for €15m.

He claims Laporta is likely to be ousted as President this summer, and the man likely to replace him has contacted Gio's dad to try and get him to hold off signing for Spurs, as he'd like him to stay. Hunter maintains the deal will go through though.

Intriguing. Are the elections this summer?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Messi . Iniesta . Hleb
    .......... Henry

Makes sense to me. Apart from pairing Hleb and Henry again! (lol)

Intriguing. Are the elections this summer?

No, Hunter said there is a petition of over 8k members who are calling an EGM to put forward a motion of no confidence in Laporta. Apparently once 8k or more sign up they have to call the EGM.

• Advertisement

Messi . Iniesta . Hleb
    .......... Henry

Makes sense to me. Apart from pairing Hleb and Henry again! (lol)

Bojan? Hleb is being bought for the bench!!

No, Hunter said there is a petition of over 8k members who are calling an EGM to put forward a motion of no confidence in Laporta. Apparently once 8k or more sign up they have to call the EGM.

Interesting. Im not a big fan of Laporta myself. Interesting, Ill keep an eye out for that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Interesting. Im not a big fan of Laporta myself. Interesting, Ill keep an eye out for that.
    Very interesting.Its Interesting.Im interested, interesting.....

I've heard Eto'o has two definite suitors, Inter and Spurs.

Barce want a straight swap with Berbatov, and are pressurising Eto'o to choose us over Inter.

I still think he'll be at Inter.

Alves in Barca for 32mil,expected but very high price

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Can't see Giovanni doing much with Spurs tbh. Very lightweight. I think its a good piece of business for Barca given the fact he wasn't all that good in his maiden season, last game apart of course.

Pardon my ignorance, but where did Keita come from?

• Advertisement

Sevilla

Barca want Shevchenko on loan apparently

Not sure about that one. 2 strikers with big reps, both past their best......

Sorry about the lack of activity, I moved out recently and my only internet access in next door in our university..

I don't know how reputable that link is.. Im worried to be honest, I want Eto'o to stay so badly, because we are making all the right signings, but we can f*ck it all up by messing with the striker situation. We have still, in my opinion, the most deadly striker in the world when fit, and we want to sell him for the likes of Trezeguet, Adebayor and Berbatov... Don't get me wrong, they are all good, but still a step down in my opinion...

So, recent signings have all looked very promising, Laporta is taking a more mature approach, instead of signing rashly... People like Hleb, Villa, Silva were promised, instead we have Keita, Alves, Henrique, Pique and Cacares! We are also close to signing Hernanes from Sao Paolo, he is basically the next 'Kaka' style midfielder, and is apparently phenomenal over in the Brazilian Serie A.... Also, with Deco and Ronaldinho gone, it'd be nice to get Arshavin, I definitely have faith in the boy, and it would be nice to have him and Messi on the wings...

Now for a more superficial problem... Barca's new home jersey is absolute rotten in my opinion, but I very much like the new yellow away one... I would love to get a Messi jersey, BUT!!! with Ronaldinho's departure, I think Messi might be given the number 10 jersey, and Ive no patience, so I have 3 choices... Go ahead and get Messi 19 and risk it, wait to see if its Messi 10, or get Xavi instead... :pac:

Here's pics of the new kit... Ew... The worst thing is, Madrid's new jersey is one of the nicest kits Ive ever seen. :(

igdfna.jpg

Nice one
    segonasamarreta0809.jpg

That kit should be modeled by Luis Enrique!

With Deco gone and Ronaldinho possibly going? I think Pep has trimmed the squad of the old guard of players who were reputedly causing a troublesome and lazy atmosphere.

The new team should be built around Messi/Iniesta/Eto'o/Henry for now IMO.

Id love Eto'o to stay (or go to United!! :pac:) and it looks like he may stay.....Link .... so I'm optimistic for the season ahead.

He better not leave for Man United... If they had Eto'o, Id bet my house on them retaining the league... Their squad would just be phenomenal... It brings me back to the days of 04-06... Sniff... :p

Strange that I never heard the Man United rumour, despite sky being a reputable enough site..

• Advertisement

He better not leave for Man United... If they had Eto'o, Id bet my house on them retaining the league... Their squad would just be phenomenal... It brings me back to the days of 04-06... Sniff... :p

Strange that I never heard the Man United rumour, despite sky being a reputable enough site..

Sorry, I typed that post up in a confusing way. Corrected it there.... I posted a link showing he may stay which Id like!! Though I would love United to have him as he'd perfectly compliment what they already have!

If Pep can get them back doing the basics of football correctly then this team could go very far. The CL Semi against United showed that barca are still probably the most fluid passing team in Europe (yes, ahead of l'Arse) but they lack cutting edge and a toughness at the back, 2 things Im sure Pep will address.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I like the new Barca home shirt I have to say.... Bit of a change alright, but I think as a whole kit it looks good.

New Real shirt is nice I have to admit..

Van der Vaart going to Madrid,but not to Atletico as we expected,Real offered 20mil for him which is 5 more than Atletico and deal is made

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭ibh

Van der Vaart going to Madrid,but not to Atletico as we expected,Real offered 20mil for him which is 5 more than Atletico and deal is made

Trying to keep him and Sneijder together. Don't know how often he'll play though..

Probably this means Robinho to Chelsea...or somewhere else....

60mil offer of Chelsea for Robinho,he said he would like to go and work again with Scolari

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Hleb to Barcelona seems likely to be completed today.

Ronaldinho off to Milan.

Transfer musical-chairs looks set to begin.

Yeah,Ronaldinho cofirmed transfer to Milan for 25mil

I want Diego Milito so bad at Barca, he'd be the perfect addition to the strikers.. Consistenly has an excellent record, proven in the league, good headerer... Its amazing that no major offers were made for him. In my opinion better than Adebayor, and he can be obtained for about 12/13 million, a fraction of Adebarndoors price...

Plus, he'll be reunited with his brother.

''La Liga Loca has not been to the water-starved city of Barcelona for a while but it can only imagine that its pickpocket-invested streets are full of cranky culés with faces longer than Ruud van Nistelrooy on a caravanning holiday with Marco van Basten.

If polls in Sport are to be believed - which they probably shouldn't be - then the local Barça support are still a fairly depressed bunch despite some promising movements and rumblings in the summer transfer market.

The biggest cause of certain still appears to be the appointment of Pep Guardiola who was unveiled as the Barcelona manager on Tuesday. Before the presentation took place, only 17% of those answering an online poll claimed to be doing the cancan in celebration of Pep's brave new world. Instead, 27% were confessing their distinct lack of faith in the future.

However, that figure had picked up considerably once Pep had revealed his plans for Barcelona's new footballing future with lots of touchy-feeling talk of 'feeling' and 'passion'.

Joan Laporta boasted that his new yes-man "has got character, class, knowledge and love for the club." And responds well to hypnosis, perhaps.

The local press in the Kingdom of Catalunya all fell into line to applaud the presentation with Santi Nolla writing in Mundo Deportivo that "if one of his objectives was to transmit confidence, he managed it."

The paper then had a bit of a mad moment by printing a story claiming that LA Galaxy were to launch a 26million euro bid for Ronaldinho and would pay him 16million a year.

Sport's Joan Batlle opined that "the most important thing is to break bad habits and open the windows for fresh air" - although the last time someone attempted that at the Camp Nou, Joan Laporta got his laptop nicked - the same laptop containing the launch codes for his satellite death ray - explaining the fair amount of dissent being tolerated in the local press.

Even Marca got onboard Pep's love-train by writing in its editorial that the "power would be taken away from the dressing room" - although that does lead to an open question on how Rafa Marquez will be able to charge up his Remington beard trimmer.

La Liga Loca, for one, is feeling very underwhelmed by Getafe's latest managerial appointment. Normally, the club chooses hot young studs like Bernd Schuster and Quique Sanchez Flores. Instead, the club has picked the Spanish equivalent of Bryan Robson as their new big cheese.

The new man at the helm is Victor Muñoz who, as far as the blog can recall, has either been fired from or walked out of his last few jobs - including his most recent post at Recreativo.

Valencia have begun the season as they mean to go on. By squabbling. This week it was Vice President, Vicente Soriano who was in full ranting mode by accusing majority shareholder, Juan Bautista Soler of being "the worst in history."

"Each euro that he wastes hurts me as a fan and also affects me economically, because 10% of the club's capital is mine," roared Soriano as the Betis bound Ever Banega sauntered past.

His comrade in the Mestalla boardroom, president Agustín Morea has fended off global interest in the striking services of David Villa by saying that he is staying in Valencia next season, leading to the theory that the club will instead be offering up Joaquín and David Silva to interested suitors to help balance the overcooked books.

It seems that Mallorca may well be in financial dodo after the company which holds 93% of their shares, Binipuntiró, suspended all payments due to one or two operating difficulties. However, the lawyer to the Ono Estadi president, Vicente Grande says that "the club has no economic problems."

Especially after David Güiza got tarted up with a bit of lipstick and prodded into the footballing equivalent of a cattle market''

Milito, only if eto'o is sold though, otherwise I think milito probably plays too far advanced for him to fit in with both Henry and Eto'o.

• Advertisement
Advertisement