Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Transfer Rumours and General Chat

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,203 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Other video was taken down

I dont know whats worse:

Pepe's kicks or that it was actually a penalty! :eek:

Penalty is pretty muck too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Wonder did Casquero even get three hours' sleep? Probably awake all night thinking Pepe was going to come back for another go :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

2 of Higuaín's recent goals, both priceless and simply phenomenal. Amazing celebrations after the goal against Getafe.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Higuain has improved alot this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Mgoraf

Real Madrid defender Pepe has been banned for 10 matches following his sending-off against Getafe.

The Portugal international received a red card for kicking out at Javier Casquero in the 3-2 win at the Santiago Bernabeu on Tuesday.

Pepe brought down Casquero in the penalty area before stamping and kicking him on the floor.

The 26-year-old then clashed with Juan Angel Albin in the melee that followed the incident

He will now miss Real's remaining six games of the season, including next week's home match against leaders Barcelona, after the ruling by the disciplinary committee of the Spanish soccer federation (RFEF).

Interesting little stat on attendances considering Barca are the team to watch this season having already scored 142 goals
    April 26, 2009
    Rank Team Total Average
    1 Real Madrid 1,260,000 74,117
    2 Barcelona 1,259,232 74,072
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/stats/attendance?league=esp.1&year=2008&seasontype=1&cc=5739

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

kinaldo wrote: »
    Interesting little stat on attendances considering Barca are the team to watch this season having already scored 142 goals

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/stats/attendance?league=esp.1&year=2008&seasontype=1&cc=5739

The stats are rubbish. Spanish teams hardly ever sell-out any games. The Clasico in december had about several thousand empty seats in the Camp Nou. The one next week in the Bernabeu is sold out but has 18,000 less seats.

Compare them to United premiership games this season:

Total attendance

Average attendance

Capacity
    Old Trafford 76,000
    Camp Nou 98,000
    Bernabeu 80,000

Add to that United turn away about 10,000 persons per game according to the club and the fact they sell out every game whether it be against Arsenal or WBA shows a big difference between the teams. German teams seemingly have the biggest amount of supporters who attend games out of any league in the world. The likes of Inter and AC are similar to Barca and Real as in they never sell-out the stadium. Never understood how such big clubs couldnt sell-out their stadiums on a regular basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Stats like that are bs anyway. I can see it being used as a reason why Madrid are better supported as a club? When realistically, it makes sense considering Madrid is a more accessible city for opposition fans to travel to as it's central. Infact, only Espanyol and Mallorca of the Primera sides are closer to Barcelona than they are to Madrid....

Relax, Barca fan boys. I didn't say anything, just thought it was interesting.

I was surprised Madrid's attendances are even on par with Barca's this season, and I think most outside observers would be too. Considering Barca have one of the most fantastic sides ever.

eZe^ wrote: »
    Stats like that are bs anyway. I can see it being used as a reason why Madrid are better supported as a club? When realistically, it makes sense considering Madrid is a more accessible city for opposition fans to travel to as it's central. Infact, only Espanyol and Mallorca of the Primera sides are closer to Barcelona than they are to Madrid....

Valencia - Madrid

Valencia - Barcelona

is pretty much identical distance by road with 358km and 367km.

One more though man. Where Villarreal are based is most certainly closer to Barcelona though.

• Advertisement

Relax, Barca fan boys. I didn't say anything, just thought it was interesting.

I was surprised Madrid's attendances are even on par with Barca's this season, and I think most outside observers would be too. Considering Barca have one of the most fantastic sides ever.

One word brother Recession.

Spains unemployment rate at nearly 20% is the highest in the eurozone.

The recession has hit here very hard as they had an economy heavily dependent on the construction sector much like Ireland which has now practically collapsed.

redout wrote: »
    Valencia - Madrid

Valencia - Barcelona

is pretty much identical distance by road with 358km and 367km.

One more though man. Where Villarreal are based is most certainly closer to Barcelona though.

True, but Villareals city entire population would only half fill the Nou Camp, so they never have the largest traveling contingent...

redout wrote: »
    One word brother Recession.

Spains unemployment rate at nearly 20% is the highest in the eurozone.

The recession has hit here very hard as they had an economy heavily dependent on the construction sector much like Ireland which has now practically collapsed.
    I won't argue with you about the Spanish economy, but I will point out that the average attendances of both Real and Barca are both up on last season, Barca significantly, while the league's overall average attendances are almost identical.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/stats/attendance?league=esp.1&year=2007&cc=5739

There's another link within that to view overall stats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Villareals Maurice Pellegrini to take over Real Madrid tmr. Very good appointment I would think, but will he end up being another Berndt Schuster who punched above his weight at a smaller club?

Wonder will there be a straight swap - Juande Ramos to The Yellow Submarine?

On another note, glad to see Sporting Gijon and Osasuna survive. Shocked that Betis dropped. They were 10th a few weeks ago!!!!

Marca is reporting that an agreement has been reached between Reala nd Valencia for David Villa. I really do not like the sound of that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭CorkMan

Real will conquer it all if Villa head to the capital.

Nope, they won't. Just because Real are strengthening does not make their rivals at home and in Europe weaker. Fact is, they are an average side as it is. Sure, they won two titles on the trot, but did nothing in Europe either year. Some would even argue that Real did not so much win 2 leagues, as Barcelona lost interest after winning the champions league in 2006.

Problem for Real, is they could have an almost entirely new team in August. I do not care how good the players are, they will need time to gel. Pelligrini, as I have mentioned in another thread, may not be able to cope with the egos and boardroom interference. The could implode by Christmas. In order for him to survive he needs to win either the Champions league or la Liga, but probably both. TBH, I can see them winning neither. Certainly not the CL.

La Liga fixtures out today. The first round is as follows. I cannot find a full list

R Madrid V Deportivo
    Barcelona V Sporting
    Málaga V Atlético
    Valencia V Sevilla
    Mallorca V Xerez
    Almería V Valladolid
    Racing V Getafe
    Osasuna V Villarreal
    Zaragoza V Tenerife
    Athletic V Espanyol

In other news Jermaine Pennant signs for Real Zaragosa.

God I hate Tenerife, lived there for a few months after Barca, never ever like their team, just another difficult island to visit.. Good to see this thread has been teeming in my absence... ;)

• Advertisement

Slowly gathering info - first Clasico is at Camp Nou November 29th with the return April 12th 2010

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Can't wait to see Nakamura link up with De La Pena. The Espanyol strikers won't know their luck. Hopefully Finnan is fully fit and can get into the team.

gimmick wrote: »
    Slowly gathering info - first Clasico is at Camp Nou November 29th with the return April 12th 2010

Anybody notice how unhappy Albiol was to leave Valencia? This is an interview;

"Interviewer (I): Raul, are you aware that Real Madrid want you?
    Raul ®: And what do you want me to say to that? I have to go? You want to know the truth?
    I: Sure …
    R: If I finally do have to leave Valencia, I do so in disgust, have no doubt of that. I’m from Valencia and valencianista since I was a little kid. All my life I dreamed of playing for VCF and with all the bad stuff that’s happened the last few months, you think that I want to leave? If I go it’s because there’s no other choice and the club asked me to."

eirebhoy wrote: »
    Can't wait to see Nakamura link up with De La Pena. The Espanyol strikers won't know their luck. Hopefully Finnan is fully fit and can get into the team.

Was watching a video of Figo in his prime for Barcelona, he scored a goal in the Copa del Rey final and was congratulated by Guardiola and De La Pena...

Guardiola is the only player out of those three that isn't a Judas... ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Hopefully an idea of how Naka will play against the Spanish clubs.. :)

Ah I love the fella, a genius, such a creative football brain.

Villarreal Rack Up Astonishing 27-0 Friendly Victory
    The Yellow Submarines secured an amazing colossal win as they prepare for the new season ahead...

Villarreal’s strikers seem to be gearing up for the new season in style under coach Ernesto Valverde, after securing an incredible 27-0 friendly win over minnows Navata.

Valverde played a different eleven in each half of the match, but both were equally effective as the local side were blown away in what looked to be encouraging signs for the new season ahead at El Madrigal.

New arrival Jonathan Pereira notched up no less than seven goals in the scoring spree, while fellow frontmen Joseba Llorente and Ruben Marcos both netted four times in the rout.

Former Espanyol boss Valverde is still trying to find his best eleven for the beginning of the season, opting for a 4-2-3-1 in the first half and then resorting to a more conventional 4-4-2 in the second period.

Villarreal’s preparations for the new season continue on Wednesday evening, where they will face regional side Vilamalla, who must really be looking forward to the encounter.

Los Submarinos Amarillos commence their 2009/10 Primera Division campaign with a trip to Pamplona to face Osasuna.

Villarreal finished in 5th position in La Liga last season, losing out on a Champions League place on the final day to rivals Atletico Madrid.

Does anyone know a site which would have a comprehensive list of all the transfers ina dn out in La Liga? Can only find of Barca, Real and one or 2 others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

gimmick wrote: »
    Does anyone know a site which would have a comprehensive list of all the transfers ina dn out in La Liga? Can only find of Barca, Real and one or 2 others.

It's in Spanish but this should do the trick: http://www.elpais.com/especial/mercado-fichajes-verano/

Advertisement