Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Squeaky Wheel?

Options
  • 16-04-2008 3:14pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

My front left side of my Fiesta has been whistling recently, on and off. It sometimes get worse when I turn the wheel and goes away if I break.

It's fine again now for the last 3 days.

Should I get it to the garage pronto? Is my wheel about to fly off or something?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,475 ✭✭✭bitemybanger

Sounds like you need a new wheel bearing, your wheel wont fall off but i shouldnt cost alot to fix.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Ah wicked.

I was a bit worried about it but I'm totally broke at the moment. Then my mother started planting images of fireballs in my head (as they are wont to do) If it's an easy fix I'll head down to my garage tomorrow.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

More likely to be the break pad rubbing off the disk, either due to some dirt stuck between the two or the caliper not fully opening any more.

After a long-ish drive put your hand on both front wheels (the rim, not the tyre), if one is warmer/hotter than the other, then it's definetly the breaks and high time to bring it to a mechanic.

Advertisement