Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gta4 Pre Order Shortage

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

the corpo wrote: »
    are tesco usually pretty good about putting a game on sale at midnight of release day? clarehall is my local and i can't imagine they're that arsed about such things

Well they didn't have Halo 3 on the shelves when Gamestop did the midnight release in Clarehall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,878 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Well they didn't have Halo 3 on the shelves when Gamestop did the midnight release in Clarehall.
    If I'm in work on the monday i'll make sure the game goes out in tesco artane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

ShaneU wrote: »
    If I'm in work on the monday i'll make the game goes out in tesco artane.

Good man Shane, hold one for me, pre-ordering is for steamers!!!

;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 276 ✭✭mayway

Oh Lord! Pre-ordering may indeed be for steamers but any clown who believes that they will get a copy of GTA IV without having pre-ordered it will be in for a VERY disappointing day tomorrow.

You'll be waiting for at least 2 weeks if you're lucky.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭DingDong

Well if any one is stuck for a copy of GTA I'll sell mine for the low low price of 573 euro plus vat and if you pay cash I'll do it without the VAT :D
    But seriously I can't see their being a shortage for this game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

argos stores only had capability to reserve this morning, which is completely pointless but your best bet

50 copies came in for each platform in my store

wasnt even one person qing this morning

got mine dieing to play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Ad in todays Metro, GTA IV €40 in Tesco. Is the Dun Laoighre Tesco open 24 hours? My local one (Merrion) is ****e, they only have PS2 shovelware and Dora the Explorer on DS.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

im so so mad right now.

I pre ordered the special edition a few weeks ago over the phone with Game HQ. All was fine and dandy. Got worried when the thing didnt turn up today so i checked my order status online. Low and behold no order in the history.

Game made a feck up and didnt put my order through when i originally called them.

Im so :mad: right now.

Anyone know anywhere i can get a copy at this stage? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

faceman wrote: »
    im so so mad right now.

I pre ordered the special edition a few weeks ago over the phone with Game HQ. All was fine and dandy. Got worried when the thing didnt turn up today so i checked my order status online. Low and behold no order in the history.

Game made a feck up and didnt put my order through when i originally called them.

Im so :mad: right now.

Anyone know anywhere i can get a copy at this stage? :(

Blanchardstown shopping centre - no shortages there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

mayway wrote: »
    Oh Lord! Pre-ordering may indeed be for steamers but any clown who believes that they will get a copy of GTA IV without having pre-ordered it will be in for a VERY disappointing day tomorrow.

You'll be waiting for at least 2 weeks if you're lucky.:)
    picked it up in GAME in cork, no pre-order, not a problem
    comes with 500 ms points and 1 month extra for xbox live too, handy out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭bigpoppa

sauntered into harvey normans picked up a copy for 56 euro. all my mates did the same, no problem getting any copies in south dublin :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

The Asian version is region and for sale on Play Asia.

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-dw-49-en-70-2hcw.html

I'm not in a big rush with it as I have an exam coming up so I'll wait for it.

Works out at about €37-38 with a $5 off coupon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Think twice about that, Super Sonic.
    This won't be terribly useful to Americans or PS3 owners, but anyone in Europe looking to score a cheap imported copy of GTA IV (or anyone in Australia looking to score the uncensored American version) should know that the 360 version of the game's been region-locked by the publisher. I only point this out because, over the past twelve months, nearly every single major 360 release has been region-free, meaning Take-Two joins MTV (ie Rock Band) as two of the last publishers to still make the decision to restrict the international sale of their games.

http://kotaku.com/385029/360-gta-iv-is-region+locked

I checked it out.

Very strangely, but this has been confirmed by various good sites including Play Asia, only the US version of GTA IV is region locked to PAL 360's, Asian version is fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

It's €40 in Tesco so if you can find one with stock that's surely better than importing.

VG+ are the best source for region info, and they say GTA IV is *not* region free:

http://vgplus.blogspot.com/

koneko wrote: »
    It's €40 in Tesco so if you can find one with stock that's surely better than importing.

VG+ are the best source for region info, and they say GTA IV is *not* region free:

http://vgplus.blogspot.com/

The Tesco option is definitely the best but GTA IV + Exams = Failure, so at least this will keep me on the straight and narrow.

EDIT: VG+ stock the US/CAN versions and that is region locked for PAL areas, just in case some do end up importing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

I checked it out.

Very strangely, but this has been confirmed by various good sites including Play Asia, only the US version of GTA IV is region locked to PAL 360's, Asian version is fine.

Did you ever buy it of play-asia? Still havent got it myself, just wondering if it someone got the asian ntscj version and if it actually does work or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭halolma

Anyone looking for a Copy of GTA for €30(pre-owned) ?

Have to say getting bored of it, too busy playing GRID and UEFA EURO 2008! :)

Advertisement