Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Business management fee's

• 16-04-2008 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

I have a limited company with 1 employee at the moment and I'm paying a management company €175 for payroll, tax return and invoicing services. This company are very unreliable and I have nothing but problems with them.

I was approached by an accountancy firm who have offered to do all this for €30 per month !!

I'm a bit sceptical as the old saying goes "you get what you pay for" !! Is there anyway for me to check the background of this second company to see what their history is etc before I start getting them to do my books ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭The CCAinsider

Check if they are regulated by a professional body, at least you ahve some come back if they are. www.accaglobal.com, www.icari.ie, www.cpaireland.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Check if they are regulated by a professional body, at least you ahve some come back if they are. www.accaglobal.com, www.icari.ie, www.cpaireland.ie

Thanks for that, just what I need. Would CPA give information on their members ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 129 ✭✭The CCAinsider

ICPAI will confirm over the phone if somebody is a member. ICPAI have just moved to Harcourt street, so you will need their new number. ACCA have a directory on line at www.accaglobal.com in the find an accountant section and most ICAI firms are on www.icai.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭vodkasoda

KTRIC, did you find anything out about these accountants ?

I have just myself and my wife as employees of my company & pay €185 + VAT per month, plus they want another €225 + VAT to do my Year End returns ... I've done a couple of those myself and they don't take very long ... this just seems such an extortionate waste of money to me, for (I guess) very little work !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

vodkasoda wrote: »
    KTRIC, did you find anything out about these accountants ?

I have just myself and my wife as employees of my company & pay €185 + VAT per month, plus they want another €225 + VAT to do my Year End returns ... I've done a couple of those myself and they don't take very long ... this just seems such an extortionate waste of money to me, for (I guess) very little work !!!

Thats what I was thinking myself. I'm going to speak to this cheaper company next week and I'll post the results.

• Advertisement
Advertisement