Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landlord probably not registered. Wants extra money after housemate moved out

Options
  • 16-04-2008 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi,
    My sister's housemate is moving out and the landlord wants her and her other housemate to pay 250 euro extra a month until they get a new tend. My sister moved into this house last year and rent is 500 euro. She never signed a lease and is not claiming rent relief. I assume the landlord is not registered then.

I know it is standard practice when a lease is in place but just wondering what people think of this? Can they refuse to do so on the basis that no lease was signed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,399 ✭✭✭✭Victor

It doesn't help the landlord that no lease was signed. However the general principal is if your sister is only renting a room, then she only pays for that room. If your sister and her friend are renting the entire house, then they have to pay for the entire house, regardless of how many are actually staying there. The friend leaving has to give adequate notice.

Advertisement