Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading from 2.0.11 on Mac

Options
  • 16-04-2008 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

I haven't played since March 07 and am patched up to 2.0.11. The Blizzard updater fails with a generic error (e.g., could not update) so I tried downloading from somewhere else - http://www.wowwiki.com/Patch_mirrors

I made two attempts to download "2.x → 2.4.0 Full Patch" at ~1GB and both were corrupt. What is the best way to upgrade - do I specifically need the Mac/GB version? Is there a mirror that will allow me to rsync in case the downloaded is being corrupted due to a dodgy internet connection? I think my internet connection is solid and reliable, just don't want to have to do another 1GB download ending up corrupt.

Advertisement