Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is it possible to remove scratches ?

Options
  • 16-04-2008 4:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hi all,

This may sound like a really stupid question but I saw an ad in the Ryanair Magazine for a scratch vanish liquid. Now as cheap a solution as this looks I was wondering if this is just a rip-off or would this actually work ?
    I have a few scratches on my car that don't look pretty.

http://ryanairbuyasyoufly.com/commerce/bayf-ryanair/product.jsf?productId=117

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

The general rule of thumb; IF you can't feel it with your fingernail, it can be removed. 8 times out of 10 its going to need professional machine polishing to fully remove the scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Turbidine

Okay, and in the case where I can't feel it with my fingernail, is the kind of product outlined above any good ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

you'd be better of just getting some compound and use some elbow grease!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Turbidine

Thanks Niceirishfella can you clarify what is meant by compound (not native Irish here) and where I can get all that? Halfords?

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭alpina

Yes, Halfords or any motor factors, just explain what you need it for.
    Main ingredient however is rub, rub and then rub some more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Seperate

If you can feel it with your thumb, you won't be able to remove it.

You can, however, get the corners rounded so it is not as noticeable. I would be skeptical to try the halfords products, as they are very gentle in nature for commercial reasons. They would be OK for jap cars...which have soft paint.

If your car isnt jap, then you may require a stronger compound.

Advertisement