Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nominations and hats in the ring for Moderatorship

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Cheers DeV, be nice to hear the results soon.

DeVore wrote: »
    LOL... I love this idea. I must improve my Machiavelianess!
    No, the reason why I asked for commitment from people is that it:
    1. Develops a base of authority for the mods.
    2. I had more then enough people I would consider for the job so might as well take community feeling into account.

but there wont be any "vote counting" :)

I've been a bit under the weather healthwise lately (nothing serious) but I'm working through this thread now...

DeV.

Do we start running a pool yet?

evens on Rovi!

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Can i get in on the action??

:)

DeV.

No problem!

Cash up front - sent to a PO box!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

Can i get in on the action??

:)

DeV.
    You know that there is no under handed goings on around here DeVor!

Just say no to election rigging:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

You'd have to have an election first.

I'm going to modify (geddit!) the follow users.
    Rovi
    IRLConor
    Sparks
    Vegeta

I'm probably going to add at least one more and I will assign them forums shortly. I would like to thank everyone involved in the shooting fraternity for helping me modding this area during the last while. We will discuss some rules about things like NGO's posting here and we'll discuss some charter changes between the mods and admins and present them later to the community.

I'll mod those users in the next 24 hours. Bed now...

DeV.

Nice one. Good call on all of them, and much support for all new mods.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭dimebag249

Rovi, Sparks, Vegeta.

Make it so.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

dimebag249 wrote: »
    Rovi, Sparks, Vegeta.

Make it so.

What do you have against me? ;)

*Begins writing hitlist*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Rovi, Sparks, Vegeta.

Make it so.

What happened to poor IRLConor?

Lost in translation??? :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭dimebag249

IRLConor wrote: »
    What do you have against me? ;)

*Begins writing hitlist*

The others have more posts so they are better, due to maths.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭IRLConor

The others have more posts so they are better, due to maths.

Ah right, fair enough then. Impeccable logic. :)

(But remember, this makes me 6.5 times better than you. :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Lads, this isn't a measuring contest any of us would want to get into...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭ivanthehunter

Ye Ye sparks you better watch out I'll be a 9000 soon and i be some ass-kicker then....

I can only imagine the BS that you knocked out to get to 9000 posts.. :eek::D:D:D

The only reason i wasn't picked is cause i is still in training:D

You have been targeted for moderation :p:p

I never said anything about ass-licking!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Congrats to new mods.

Mods now in place, we will have a discussion to see if another is needed, possibly for hunting.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭foxshooter243

condolences i mean err congrats to new mods:D

• Registered Users Posts: 44 jimmyzx

Congrats to new mods.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

+1

Although I thought Vegeta was to be a hunting forum mod and I see now he's on the target shooting forum.

Congrats to all. Good luck and happy modding.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

Sparks wrote: »
    Why does that remind me of the school of thought that a manager doesn't need to know the business in order to manage it :D

This reply should be in Politics but isn't the HSE run by a professor-consultant ;)

Anyway, best of luck to all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 F-ClassWillie

Mods now in place, we will have a discussion to see if another is needed, possibly for hunting.

DeV.

........Dev, I have two for you to consider.

(1) Shooting Humour: Stories that meander etc...causing you to smile and reflect at the same time. The back of Guns & Ammo has something similar called the parting shot. Moderator free as possible, because humour is very very subjective in the eye of the beholder.... one mans joke is another mans flat pint.... brain storming issues that need out of the box thinking that would only offend liner thinkers.... so on so forth!

(2) The devils advocates soap box. You stand up and post something you feel strongly about, current issues that are out of sink with the normal consensus, injustices that don't get mentioned for fear of punishment
    and reprisal, all above board, sailing close to the wind encouraged.

This post lasts one day, replying posts give the thumbs up it is to continues to the next day thumbs down and its gone deleted at the end of day one. Think Gladiator. :eek:

Gotta say, living dangerously with regard to shooting conversation on this board when I'd put money on it being monitored by those higher up the food chain strikes me as a pretty terrible idea. I certainly think dedicating a subforum to it would be shooting ourselves in the foot (I know, very droll). As is, anything you want to say can go in the general shooting forum, and if it's deemed to be unsuitable there, then there certainly shouldn't be a forum of any kind dedicated to saying things that are unsuitable. With regard to the shooting humour, there have been hunting stories threads in that forum, and plenty of stories in the "How I learned about shooting" thread, so I think one of your suggestions shouldn't be considered, and the other is already catered for.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,023 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

I see we haven't got a forum dedicated to Blades.
    A knife collectors ,users and makers forum wouldn't be a bad idea either methinks.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Got nothing to do with shooting sports or sport shooting, and given how far into loo-la land we seem to be straying these days Grizzly, I would suggest you go to the Forums forum and ask to start it. I'll even support you as moderator, and may the great flying spaghetti monster then take mercy on your free time :)

I think there are certainly enough sub-fora now. Everything is catered to in its own way. Any queries on knives, if appropriate, would be for the hunting section. If it's just for knives in general, it's nothing to do with shooting.

Sparks wrote: »
    Got nothing to do with shooting sports or sport shooting, and given how far into loo-la land we seem to be straying these days Grizzly, I would suggest you go to the Forums forum and ask to start it. I'll even support you as moderator, and may the great flying spaghetti monster then take mercy on your free time :)

Nice to Sparks being ever helpful and reading in more into my posts than there is.;:rolleyes:

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

He said it was beyond the remit of this forum, told you how to go about getting it in place outside of this forum, and offered his support for it for you, what more do you want?

I'm deadly serious Grizzly. If you want to mod a forum on knives, request one on the Forums forum and I'll back you as moderator. If only so you get a look at what's involved!

• Advertisement

I just did Sparks, and I would like to see what is involved,and thanks if you are serious about backing me.

Advertisement