Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IKEA 21% off one day sale CONFIRMED Saturday

• 16-04-2008 5:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭

What’s the deal?

this Saturday 19 April, Ikea will have a one day 21% off everything sale to celebrate its 21st birthday. Ikea sales are very rare and a store-wide one would be exceptional. Thus, if it's true, it’s the perfect time to stock up on the usual suspects from the ubiquitous Swedish furnisher.

Link for more

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Brianb8802

It is now confirmed. 21% off this saturday. Think a trip to belfast might be in order

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Never been there but I guess it will be absolute mayhem there Saturday???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Forky wrote: »
    Never been there but I guess it will be absolute mayhem there Saturday???

I would guess so,,, and Heads up i think its opening at 6am

• Subscribers Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

sounds like a good deal, but it is mayhem there on a normal saturday, it'll be even crazier this week. would give it a miss myself..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

21% off already cheap prices = Carnage.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Got an email from ikea this morning about this.
    I think the early opening is for breakfasts etc, for ikea family card holders
    The restaraunt opens before the shop floor usually.

Heres the text from it
    It's 21 years since we opened our first store in the UK. Celebrate with us on 19th April, when we're offering 21% off everything* in store.

The party starts early for IKEA FAMILY members, with a FREE breakfast between 6am-8am on 19th April in the IKEA restaurant. There'll be special offers for FAMILY members all day throughout the store too.

Friends and family are welcome along too - they can simply join IKEA FAMILY on the door to enjoy the free breakfast and loads of family offers.

* Store services, IKEA Restaurant, Bistro food and Alcoholic drinks from Sweden Shop not included. Sale does not apply to Shop Online!

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Hmm, I have a £150 gift voucher for Ikea... Hrm... decisions, decisions! :)

Thanks for the heads-up, OP.

byte wrote: »
    Hmm, I have a £150 gift voucher for Ikea... Hrm... decisions, decisions! :)

Thanks for the heads-up, OP.

you could thank me with a voucher :D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,137 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

davton wrote: »
    you could thank me with a voucher :D:D:D:D
    LoL :D

I suggest a name change on the title from 'Rumored' to 'Confirmed'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

I might pop up to IKEA tomorrow. Does anybody know how much they charge for delivery? I dont think I would fit much into my Fiat Punto :p

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Jess11

Is the store hard to find? Do you have to go into Belfast city to get to it or is it on the Dublin side of Belfast? Directions anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

It's beside the city/George Best Airport. You'll need to go up the M1- on through the westlink and then onto the M3 cross harbour and on just past the airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

It'll be packed tomorrow - utter mayhem - regardless of the 21%savings - it would not be worth the hassle imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭zokrez

Due to a printing error in the Belfast Telegraph which stated in Thursdays paper that there was going to be a 21% off sale off tomorrow (Friday) - IKEA Belfast honoured the paper's "mistake" and therefore there was 21% off everything TODAY FRIDAY.

Happened to be up there this evening and dropped in. There were very few there to be honest. 4 of the items that I had picked out were out of stock. I would imagine that there will be a lot of disappointed people starting in 5 hours time !

Lot of people queuing for kitchens.

You can ask for a 21% off voucher that will be valied until 4th May for large delivery items including kitchens so you can drop in and they will give a raincheck without having to endure the crowds.

Word of warning - took 1 hour to get onto motorway from IKEA / airport due to roadworks.

There are two junction closures on Saturday and 2 more on Sunday so traffic will be busy. Also Castlecourt centre is having 18th birthday celebrations too.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 kaylden

Was there this morning at 6am a good few q'ing but not as many as i thought, most ran straight in to order kitchens etc when it opened so it was quiet enough in the other areas,i had picked everything i needed and paid by 7.30 but had to wait to collect a mattress and it was 8.45 when they finally found it.To be fair to the staff they were doing all they could but as a customer you have no idea how the collection system works and some people were getting a bit annoyed at being told it would take at least an hour to get their items.
    Thanks to the op :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

kaylden wrote: »
    To be fair to the staff they were doing all they could but as a customer you have no idea how the collection system works and some people were getting a bit annoyed at being told it would take at least an hour to get their items.

In fairness, you're given a catalogue and an ordering sheet when you enter the store - and both of them clearly tell you how the shopping in Ikea process works.

Zakrze - I was up there a few weeks ago and virtually everything I wanted was out of stock :-( They'd want to sort out their stock ordering system tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

Agreed........I had to get some items on the uk mainland last week as the Belfast store is a mess stock wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 kaylden

ethO_ it was nothing to do with the shopping process it was the fact that over an hour after you had paid for everything you were still standing waiting to collect some of your items.The collection system doesnt seem to have an order to it, well not from a customers point of view.Its not like argos where the numbers given are in sequence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Oh! Sorry, I misunderstood. Haven't had experience of collecting stuff....considering the stuff I wanted was all out of stock in the warehouse bit :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement